Sr. Research and Consulting Manager
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Analytics or an equivalent discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years of hands-on analytic experience in financial services building research or analytic studies, benchmarking reports, statistical models, risk strategies, monitoring services, and/or other quantitative solutions.
- Experience writing intermediate to advanced SQL queries for data extraction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and contribute to multiple assignments simultaneously with evolving deadlines.
- A demonstrated interest in the areas of banking, consumer lending and finance.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of senior analysts and analysts.
- Highly analytical mindset with the curiosity to dig deeper into data, trends and consumer behavior to better understand why consumers act the way they do with their credit.
- A high degree of technical aptitude and ability to run on multiple projects concurrently with minimal guidance.
- Advanced proficiency with one or more statistical programming languages such as R, Python, or SAS.
- Demonstrated experience running projects and/or research operations Advanced experience with the MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Impact You'll Make:
- Dig in by extracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large population datasets (using languages such as SQL, R, SAS, and Python on Linux and PC computing platforms).
- Lead complex research studies involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (e.g. segmentation, regression, clustering, survival analysis, and machine learning).
- Translate complex analytical findings into business insights, and present these insights at industry conferences, via webinars and media interviews, and through written publication and press releases.
- Serve as an internal expert on both traditional and alternative credit data and how it applies to industry trends and current research.
- Formulate research problems based on real world needs.
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling communications and presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience.
- Produce research plans and perform active project management, identifying risks, managing and resolving issues as they arise.
- Mentor and coach a team of analysts and senior analysts.
- Review code for accuracy and ensure documentation requirements are met.
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.