Morningstar Indexes is looking for a solutions specialist who will be responsible for managing the product development process and index launch life cycle. The solutions specialist will also work closely with key partners that are critical to the success of the index research and innovation process focusing on expanding and maximizing these relationships. The solutions specialist role requires an analytical mindset, an eye for process improvement, strong interpersonal skills, and experience balancing and evaluating multiple stakeholder priorities.
• Serve as the product owner of the full index launch/product development life cycle process
• Develop a deep knowledge of the ecosystem, internal processes and identify and implement improvements designed to optimize the product development life cycle process
• Develop and report (to senior management) on key metrics relating to the development life cycle. Insights to be used to drive process improvement decision-making.
• Identify and implement methods and initiatives designed to promote product innovation and efficiency
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to prioritize and drive key projects through the development pipeline
• Partner with internal and key external partners leaders to create a shared vision and oversee the execution of a roadmap designed to increase collaboration between the two parties
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral
• Strong client focused ethic; and proven organizational and multitasking skills.
• An ability to be creative and think strategically when it comes to understanding client requirements, problem solving and project management
• Ease in dealing with ambiguity; ability to create focus and keeping all stakeholders, clients and internal teams on track.
• Ability to develop strong internal & external partnerships and relationships; take a collaborative approach; and work effectively across different business and functional areas
• At least five years of experience in a financial services environment, ideally with exposure to research or investment management
• Knowledge of the investment and competitive landscape; and market trends impacting our clients
• Confident self-starter with leadership potential and experience (a plus)
• Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and clients