What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
A Solution Owner in the Customer Success organization works closely with our customers and Uptake functional teams to build solutions that do not currently exist in our core product. The Solution Owner’s ability to internalize and articulate the needs of customers, married with business savvy and technical competency, are leveraged to build trust, discipline, and passion across the organization. The Solution Owner thrives as both an individual contributor and in collaborative settings by translating customer needs, influencing Product leadership to adjust the core product roadmap based on customer feedback and producing solutions that deliver customer and business value.
- Take lead on scrum teams as product owner
- Motivate the team with a vision and direction for the product that stays in sync with the customer’s needs
- Lead efficient planning and grooming sessions with a clear focus to keep the team on track
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories, ensuring the team always has enough tasks to work on
- Engage the customer to refine/clarify requirements
- Evangelize any solutions into the core product vision and roadmap
- Prioritize against short- and long-term value delivery within the expected timeframes
- Collaborate with Engineering, Solutions, User Experience, Industry, Commercial, Implementation and other teams throughout solution definition and project delivery
- Make and own the hard decisions and trade-offs that emerge during solution delivery when things don’t go exactly as planned
- Manage scope according to the strategy for the project and achieve customer success
- Become an expert in Uptake’s products and our customers
- Minimum of 4 years of product management or similar experience at a technology/IT company
- Understanding of business and functional requirements
- Viewed as the go-to person to ensure Uptake and the customer are aligned on project objectives and key results
- Strong technical capabilities
- Ability to think strategically about product output and commercial viability and be an influencer to teams who can help support that strategy
- Display the ability to be a leader to all parties involved in the product-lifecycle
- Prior demonstration to manage priorities against the varying needs of customers and partners
- Critical thinking skills to quickly make and measure decisions during planning and execution
- Coherently discuss and differentiate opportunity, image, value and revenue
- Exude the confidence to leverage intuition to translate the unknown opportunity into an actionable plan
- Previous experience as product owner on a scrum team
- Previous software development experience
- Previous experience in industrial IOT space
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.