ServiceNow CMDB Manager
McDonald's Corporation continues to grow and expand!
We are one of most recognized brands in the world. We are a top 10 place to work in Chicago. As a modern, progressive “Tech” company, we are continually changing the Retail Food Service industry. Working in our Technology sector of the corporation will provide you with challenging work, rewarding career opportunities, and one of the best comprehensive benefits packages in the industry.
We are currently looking for a ServiceNow CMDB SDM that will be based in our HQ in downtown Chicago!
The day-in-the-life of the ServiceNow CMDB (Config Mgmt. DB) Service Delivery Manager will be part of the Global Technology Services group of McD. The selected person will oversee the ServiceNow CMDB health, governance, data integrity and integration with all necessary business use cases and platforms. As part of the Global Technology Services Team, this position is an enterprise level role, working with key partners such as Storage, Cloud, Data and so on.
This person will have touch on all aspects of IT in a single repository in a single DB.
This person will also have oversight on Governance and Processes surrounding the ServiceNow CMDB.
This position will report to the Director of ServiceCafe (ServiceNow), and will be based at the NEW MHQ off the West Loop in downtown Chicago.
Responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with stakeholders such as Business/Application teams, Hosting, Networking, and Security and Finance/Billing departments to establish business requirements for ServiceNow CMDB
• Maintain Application to Server Mappings by creating the necessary governance, processes and drive data requirements across all service owners
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to define and collect necessary Configuration Item (CI) attributes, class owners, and relationship information
• Maintain accurate configuration data by pre-defining and governing ServiceNow CMDB requirements, and define process integration points across related areas
• Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining ServiceNow CMDB data
• Develop and manage the process to reconcile ServiceNow CMDB data when exceptions are noted between ServiceNow CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories
• Support technical teams in the design and implementation of automated discovery & data federation into the ServiceNow CMDB.
• Develop reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy
• Enact system audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity
• Integrate ServiceNow CMDB related activities with the ServiceNow Development and Administration Teams
• Recommend robust configuration management procedures and standards for using ServiceNow/CMDB
• Enable ServiceNow CMDB to integrate and support operational requirements in supporting ITSM process areas, including: Problem, Incident, Change, Release, Capacity, Service Level, Availability and Service-Continuity Management
• Provide a road-map for all CMDB business use cases (Cloud Management Platform, Global Data Protection Regulations, public/private cloud, application mapping, etc…)
• Lead the development and maintenance of the ServiceNow CMDB data/information architecture strategies
• Communicate ServiceNow CMDB activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standards
• Continuously drive evolution of supporting tools and processes to enable business innovation and support constant changing needs such as DevOps and Cloud platforms
• Promote adoption and expanded usage of ServiceNow CMDB and related processes by communicating and marketing business value across the organization
• Liaise and work with external partners and third party suppliers whenever necessary
• Ensure ITSM and ServiceNow CMDB alignment with ITIL v3 framework
Please Note: We will NOT be able to offer immigration sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position!
• Bachelor’s Degree is required for this position Computer Science or similar discipline
• ITIL Certification
• 3+ years’professional experience design, deployment and management of the ServiceNow CMDB
• 5+ years of professional experience with defining operational processes, data modeling, quality and structure
• 10 + years of professional experience with large scale program management experience
• PMP Certification
• Experience leading successful deployments and implementing process
• Experience with ITSM processes (Incident, Problem, Change Management, Asset Management)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels (peers and senior leadership)
• Strong analytical skills, sound business judgment, and excellent problem-solving abilities
• Proven ability to effectively work within a team, delegate responsibility and hold team members accountable for assignments