Senior Technical Consultant (Security and Information Governance)
Sr. Technical Consultant – Security and Information Governance
Working at the leading edge of content security
iManage transforms how professionals get work done by applying AI and machine learning to address customer priorities in security and risk mitigation as part of an overall content and e-mail management portfolio. iManage automates routine cognitive tasks, provides powerful insights and streamlines how professionals work, while maintaining the highest level of security and governance over critical client and corporate data. Over one million professionals at over 3,000 organizations in over 65 countries rely on iManage to deliver great client work. We’ve grown by 4x in our most recent years and look to find individuals that are hungry to learn and ready to make an impact within a fast-paced organization!
If you are a dynamic technologist looking to extend your breadth of knowledge and hone your skills in a challenging but rewarding environment, this is your opportunity to grow and shine!
What You’ll Be Working On
The Threat landscape is evolving with new ways of attack. Modern organizations are facing increasing challenges in defending their data against malicious and accidental loss, as well as complying with new privacy and data regulations such as GDPR. We need individuals like you to join our specialized delivery team within our Professional Services organization to help our clients mitigate these risks. Our Security and Information Governance (SIG) practice works with our customers to deploy market-leading solutions which provide the ultimate guidance and protection, as well as compliance with corporate governance and regulatory frameworks.
In addition to traditional Records Management, the SIG team works with emergent technologies on data security involving the implementation of ethical walls and need-to-know security, and behavioral analytics.
Our Consultants are responsible for the technical design and deployment of Security and Information Governance solutions. This includes the installation, configuration, integration into upstream and downstream systems, as well as the migration of our client’s most valuable assets from third party systems. Our Consultants are expected to provide technical leadership and mentoring to other staff and to work collaboratively with other iManage engineering and delivery teams on continuous improvement of technology and process. You will become a subject matter expert in our iManage product suite.
As migration forms an essential part of most deployments this role requires an understanding of ETL, Transact-SQL programming, data cleansing and migration process/tooling. Demonstrable experience in complex data migration projects is a distinct advantage, but we also are willing to work with the right person to build their skills in this area.
- Preparing and running technical design workshops including the creation of design specifications based on out-of-the-box functionality and customer requirements.
- Installation and configuration of Security and Information Governance solutions including integration into upstream and downstream systems using technologies such as SQL, XML, HTML, LDAP and Python.
- Design and implementation of migration strategies and tooling including complex SQL scripting, data cleansing and migration validation.
- Identification and resolution of technical problems requiring strong diagnostic and analytical thinking.
- Continuous improvement of deployment tools and methodologies
- Mentoring of other technical staff
- Provide feedback on product usage, features requested at customer sites to R&D to influence future roadmap direction
We’re looking for individuals that will be bring their genius to the team. To break it down a further, see below:
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or closely related field with 5+ years hands-on experience in software consulting and deployment (SQL programming, Microsoft Server software, database concepts, virtual desktop, Citrix technologies)
- Experience with delivery of Security and Information Governance solutions ideally within legal, professional services, financial services industries would be a HUGE advantage
- Understanding of enterprise system deployment and/or experience working with ECM software
- You will use your client-facing skills to lead design sessions with C-level leadership, understand business and product usability, influence outcomes to align with product best practices, and prioritize user and functional requirements
- Team player who will be able to think on their feet, as well as build relationships with our customers and our internal teams
Travel for this role will be limited (up to 20%) and based on client needs.