Senior Project Manager
The Implementation Team is a critical team within the Sales organization at SMS Assist, with responsibility for onboarding all new Retail, Restaurant and Real Estate clients. The team is focused on building standardized, repeatable implementation programs to successfully onboard a client in to SMS Assist.
The Senior Project Manager role is responsible for managing and leading a successful deployment of the new client implementation plan, thereby providing new clients with a positive, best in class onboarding experience. This includes the execution of the project plan, confirming and communicating the project deliverables, building strong client and internal partnerships, providing regular communications, managing client expectations, and resolving related start-up issues. This individual will seek ways to continually evolve and improve the implementation project, leveraging relevant experience from previous implementations, project management standards and relevant industry best practices. This individual will build and implement their transformations utilizing customizable solutions for each company’s unique business strategy, all deeply informed by SMS’ thought leadership and key industry trends.
- This is a full time, exempt position
- Acts as the main client liaison during implementation, able to respond authoritatively to both implementation and general SMS Assist inquiries.
- Consistently delivers exemplary internal and external customer interactions and exhibits the world class customer service that SMS Assist strives towards.
- Coordinates project work for all functions related to new client onboarding to deliver excellent outcomes.
- Builds strong relationships with all key internal teams (e.g. Operations, Product, Affiliate, Legal & Sales) to deliver on client implementations, and leverages those relationships to influence and drive improvements between those teams and Implementation.
- Moderate knowledge of traditional/waterfall project management methodologies, inclusive of planning, scope definition, execution, and delivery.
- Moderate knowledge of traditional/waterfall project scheduling platforms e.g. Microsoft Project, Smartsheet etc.
- Tracks project against agreed upon delivery dates and provides weekly written status updates through established reporting mechanisms to client and internal stakeholders/senior-level personnel.
- Understands the escalation process for project risks and issues, develops mitigation plans and follows through on executing these plans, involving internal teams as necessary.
- Has a solid understanding of the SMS Assist implementation project plan and customizes it to suit the delivery of moderately complex client implementations.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects of moderate complexity.
- Using experiences from previous implementations, continually seeks opportunities to increase efficiency, consistency and effectiveness of the implementation plan.
- Modifies and creates (as necessary) SMS Assist standard implementation documents, tools and processes to manage change successfully throughout the course of the project. Moderate understanding of the impact of change on the overall project/program.
- Documents and creates content for new and existing processes and publishes to the Implementation team’s knowledge base. Is a reviewer/approver of content created by other team members.
- Provides guidance and oversight to Implementation Coordinators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expert client interaction skills combined with customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, inclusive of in person, on the phone and email.
- Ability to expertly communicate with a broad range of people, from project team members all the way to C-suite.
- Expert relationship building and management skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Excellent meeting management skills.
- Proficient use of meeting software e.g. Zoom, telephone conferencing etc.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Proficient use of content/knowledge management tools e.g. Microsoft SharePoint, Bloomfire etc.
- Exhibits SMS Assist values of Entrepreneurial Spirit, One Team, Passion for Service, and Integrity in all interactions.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to multi-task multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment, with time constraints that may require evening or weekend duties.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of related business experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), or equivalent experience, required.
- Works under general supervision.
- Travel requirements: Travel Expected: up to 10% of the time.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.