Senior Project Manager
Position at Community Brands
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,000 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
Position Description: Senior Project Manager- Team Lead
The Senior Project Manager is a full time permanent direct hire who effectively manages projects by providing concise direction, strong organization, decisive leadership, and implementation oversight. Teams are a cohesive unit that operate in a proactive working environment and this critical position requires a high level of self-motivation and determination to achieve customer satisfaction and internal objectives.
- Directs and manages project development timelines from beginning-to-end.
- Coordinates all activities within the project team to ensure that project tasks are completed on time, including but not limited to scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings, communicating status updates, delivering weekly status reports, communicating with the development team and assuring quality assurance through deployment success.
- Coordinates the requirements gathering process.
- Effectively, timely and clearly communicates project expectations among all parties.
- Facilitates discussions and facilitates alternatives or different approaches.
- Successfully prioritizes and executes tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Works closely with product owners and management to provide visibility into feature readiness.
- Leads and demonstrates value-add principles to a team.
- Keeps product owner and management well informed.
- Demonstrate professional written and oral communication skills, communicating project related status information effectively and exhibiting active listening skills.
- Identify, analyze, and respond to risks over the course of the project - including minimizing the consequences of adverse events and maximizing the results of positive events.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development life cycle processes.
- Collect and analyze project information to determine where the project stands and take corrective action to eliminate negative deviations from the plan.
- 5+ years project management experience or demonstrated project management skills including project planning, project control, and risk management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Business acumen and technical expertise.
- Learning Management System Implementation experience a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle.
- Strong Technical Aptitude Required.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- BS degree (or equivalent work experience) in Information Technology (IT), Business, Education, or related discipline. MBA a plus.
- Agile Methodology Pioneer.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of management in a team atmosphere.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the project management areas of competency, procedures, and methodology.
- Strong interest in Project Management, demonstrated knowledge of project life cycle processes.
- PMP Certification and understanding of Scrum/Agile methodology is a plus. Must be able to obtain PMP designation within 1 year of hire.
(Walking, lifting, manage use of technology, equipment operation). Must be able to utilize standard office equipment, i.e.) desktop computer, monitor, keyboard, and telephone system.
Office environment and remote work when needed. Must be flexible to manage minimal travel.