Senior Director of Digital & Consumer Technology Architecture
This role leads and oversees Architecture for digital, consumer data, photo and marketing technology. Directs architects accountable for leading areas of technology expertise that determine and develop how technology platform supporting the implementation of WAG brand strategies in the digital marketplace. Develops and directs the long and short-term strategic technology roadmap for the data engineering, application, infrastructure, mobile and other related digital channel initiatives. Accountable for directing operations of L the technology platform supporting the implementation of WAG brand strategies in the digital marketplace. Develops and implements technology strategies to build robust technology capabilities to support growth and enhance reliability, differentiation from competitors and to drive leadership in the ecommerce and mobile market. Executes action plans to achieve departmental and corporate goals and objectives for area of expertise. Oversees teams and collaborates with other IT leaders to create and execute a business aligned technology strategy for the Walgreens IT enterprise. Develops and implements strategy and objectives for the team in support of the Walgreen Co’s vision.
Utilizes deep understanding of IT and IT operating models, management and program delivery to create and execute a roadmap to reach that vision. Oversees and directs initiatives with significant impact to the corporate revenue stream, customer facing functions, and/or critical internal functions. Outcomes directed have a significant impact on the organization's short- and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners. Decisions have significant impact on the organization.
- Develops strategic and master operational plans for the specified area of responsibility. o achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Establishes operational objectives for managers and/or teams of professionals in order to achieve the strategic and operational objectives of the group. Contributes to and drives process improvement initiatives across the IT organization. Challenges the status quo. Identifies innovations for short and long term strategic opportunities.
- Develops short- and long-range IT product and service strategies and plans for specified area of expertise. Oversees the execution of operating plans.
- Develops, maintains and advocates a customer experience emphasizing a “best in class” focus, including but not limited to monitoring, operating, and designing, testing, and delivering new functions and features across the respective initiative.
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Transfers knowledge and collaborates across departments and divisions in support of organizational goals. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts. Communicates and translates Walgreens vision/strategy to staff.
- Oversees the development of innovative approaches, processes, products and services in support of the business and IT strategy. Oversees research and evaluation of recommendations related to IT management best practices.
- Develops and implements operating plans to achieve departmental objectives. Participates in and contributes to the formulation of overall business unit strategies and operating plans. Determines when strategies require adjustment and adjusts the operating plans for the area of accountability.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the specified area of responsibility Develops budget for specified area of responsibility and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Drives the full process life cycle of initiatives within the specified area of responsibility.
- Drives results through the effective management of resources, plans, policies, and processes. Makes resource and investment decisions to support Walgreens IT vision and execution. Manages budgets and capital expenses for area of responsibility.
- Obtains and allocates resources to meet goals, objectives and operating plans. Outcomes directed have a significant impact on the organization's short-term and long-term results.
- Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Oversees and directs the work of a diverse and effective team of technology professionals capable of solving abstract problems without precedent, including directors, managers and their subordinates. Obtains and allocates resources, which may include contractors or outsources teams to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of IT experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 13 years of IT experience.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional and matrix teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 5 years experience developing and implementing strategic roadmaps, goals and/or objectives.
- Experience developing strategic technology initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience identifying and implementing ecommerce technology opportunities that set the brand apart from the competition.
- Experience working in a growth-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of technologies that support web commerce and mobile business capabilities. Thought leadership in Java and related toolsets.
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).