Senior Agile Project Manager
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Agile Project Manager, you will work with the Agile Project Management team and engineering leadership to define, codify and implement agile best practices across Software Engineering. You will use agile project management techniques to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and their respective metrics. You will also act as a consultant and coach where needed to ensure all engineering teams understand and follow our standard development process, which includes Inception Meetings, Daily Stand-ups, Iteration Planning Meetings, User Stories, Retrospectives/Reviews and Estimation.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Manage cross-departmental projects, and projects spanning engineering teams using agile project management techniques.
- Coach and consult with teams on Agile best practices with the purpose of helping teams achieve high performance.
- Define and use metrics to support high performing teams
- Champion the Enova Agile Framework throughout the organization including the Analytics, Strategy & Operations and Product Management departments.
- Interact with Change Management to integrate appropriate auditing controls into the Enova SDLC and ensure education for and compliance from the SE team.
- Partner with Product Management to support accurate forecasting delivery across the organization using JIRA.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend improvements to the Enova Agile Framework from emerging topics like SAFe, DaD and other process focused industry topics.
- Work with our agile tools committee to plan and implement changes necessary to support Jira usage within engineering.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years experience with project management, and agile processes
- 2+ years of professional experience with JIRA or similar tool
- Deep understanding of Agile best practices, for example: User Stories, Story Mapping, retrospectives, and iteration planning
- Experience determining the right fit for a team between various agile methodologies: Kanban, Lean, SCRUM or something more custom
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Understanding of SOX, PCI and other financial compliance requirements preferred
Software Engineering Overview:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. We code in RoR, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Ember and other JS frameworks for front-end development. The teams are responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.