Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
As a Scrum Master at Yello, you will be an integral part of driving and improving the Agile software delivery process across multiple agile development teams. You will be highly invested in creating an environment of openness, respect, and honesty so that the team members can feel comfortable with each other and with themselves. You will be responsible for making sure that the teams are well trained in Scrum values and are following Agile best practices.
Working closely with product and engineering you will help manage the entire scope and timeline of each project and guide the team to set achievable goals that are delivered with quality and align with our larger business goals.
You will help foster transparency across the organization by ensuring that there is good communication flow both internally within the development teams and externally amongst other relevant stakeholders in the company.
Ideal candidates will possess a highly positive attitude and have a passion for continuously improving all aspects of our agile focused culture.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Guide the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Organize and facilitate all team Scrum meetings e.g. StandUps, Planning, Retrospectives, etc.
- Guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and provide coaching to continuously improve.
- Remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged.
- Assist with communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Support Product Managers in grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Collaborate directly with Product Managers on gathering project requirements.
- Provide all support to the team and escalate impediments when necessary.
- Manage stakeholder communication across multiple projects.
- Collaborate across multiple engineering and product teams.
- Understands the product roadmap impact of a project.
What We're Looking For
- 2yrs+ Scrum Master, or equivalent agile software project management experience.
- Capable of managing multiple software releases across multiple teams.
- Ability to organize and facilitate agile training, mentoring and Sprint ceremonies.
- Solid understanding of agile industry best practices.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Scrum framework, theory, rules, and practices.
- Understanding of agile techniques e.g. User Stories, Continuous Integration, TDD, Pairing, Automated Testing, etc.
- Knowledge of other agile methodologies and frameworks such as SaFE, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Skilled in coaching a team on how to follow agile scrum.
- Ability to identify actual and/or potential impediments and escalate accordingly.
- Understanding of the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures.
- Ability to positively influence a team's tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Understands the importance of including metrics in Definition of Done.
- Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver products and features on time.
- Prior Experience w/ Jira would be helpful but not necessary.
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time