Jellyvision is hiring a Release Manager
Who are we
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Release Manager to help us.
How you'll help
As Jellyvision grows, we need people to manage and continuously improve the process for building and maintaining software releases and infrastructure changes. The Release Manager will own application and infrastructure release processes from start to finish, including coordinating with engineering teams, managing risk to production environments, communicating deploy statuses, and facilitating resolutions when issues arise during deploys.
What you'll do
- Develop and communicate detailed release plans and schedules
- Understand the roles of product managers, SREs, engineers and QA in code deploys and/or infrastructure changes
- Confirm completion of pre-release requirements and work closely with cross-functional teams to account for dependencies
- Research and understand risk and impact to a given set of changes to a production environment
- Identify, establish and collect data during and after deploys for continuous improvement
- Stay up-to-date on release management best practices and serve as an SME for teams
- Understand and prioritize business needs to help deliver new features
- Hold teams accountable for their roles in deploying updates to production environments
- Participate in change management meetings and initiatives to discuss release scope
Experience and skills you'll need
- Solid understanding of the release process and the software development lifecycle
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Release management experience or related software experience in project management, product management, DevOps, or engineering
- Detail oriented, comfortable asking critical questions and the ability to take complex sets of information and translate it into action
- Experience managing competing priorities across multiple teams and initiatives
- Balances stakeholders
- Communicates effectively
- Interpersonal savvy
- Manages ambiguity
- Tech savvy
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!