The Team: Morningstar’s IT Planning and Program Management team is responsible for managing projects related to network infrastructure including the underlying infrastructure used for our SaaS products, integration of company acquisitions, Information Security and BC/DR, Employee Technology, and office and datacenter build-outs.
The Role: We’re looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and collaborative project leader with a strong attention to details while understanding the overall goals in order to drive projects to completion. The ideal candidate is a good partner with executive team, project stakeholders, a good communicator, and a fast learner especially when it comes to understanding Morningstar’s product offerings and network infrastructure. S/he thrives on challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, exhibits good problem-solving skills, and has an ownership mindset. The position is based in our Chicago office.
• Reviews executive project design, business goals and KPIs, financial projections, and prepares summary graphic slides, tables, reviews and presentations
• Facilitates, influences, collaborates and establishes accountability across senior leadership for strategic direction, planning and action.
• Acts as first line of communication and coordination to external and internal stakeholders.
• Manage projects from definition to implementation and apply a consistent project management framework around projects.
• Manage project in-take and prioritize projects according to company objectives and resource availability.
• Manage a matrixed project team and able to influence team members towards a common goal.
• Lead projects via consultation, collaboration, problem-solving, decision making, and effective communication.
• Analyze project details and moving parts to better understand issues and risks. When necessary, employ business analysis and architecture methods to drive clarity.
• For effective communication, track and communicate project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, and drive appropriate escalations.
• At end of a project, work with the support team to operationalize projects, and conduct post-mortems to drive process improvement
• A bachelor’s degree with five years of solid project management experience.
• A process mindset and strong teamwork skills.
• A servant leader, when appropriate.
• PMP and ITIL certifications are preferred.
• Software development experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of network infrastructure is a plus.
• Knowledge of Excel, MS Project, and other project management tools.
• Experience with executive/corporate projects in high visibility environment involving evolving external and internal stakeholders.
• Experience in working collaboratively with executive leaders.
• Demonstrated presentation skills to facilitate the review and understanding of materials.
• Ability to work independently to generate, synthesize and analyze data, reports and tables
• Excellent technical proficiency with information technologies (e.g. Microsoft Office) and literature-searching, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and organizational abilities
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity