With over 25 years of experience of perfecting the grocery delivery services Peapod continues to “Amaze & Delight” customers every day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Operations Team. If you offer innovative solutions to achieving project goals and looking for an opportunity to join a leading eCommerce grocery retailer. Bring your Operational and Project Management experience to us and let’s help make it happen!
Behind the scenes of our eCommerce company one will discover a world of techno/functional collaboration. The Project Manager position plays a crucial role in helping the company's deliver key operational business initiatives.
Project Managers (PMs) support strategic initiatives and major cross-functional projects as defined by the strategic planning and business prioritization processes. The primary function of this role aligns operational strategic project objectives across internal and external stakeholders to plan, scope, define and implement project objectives/deliverables end-to-end. They will manage scope, time and costs while proactively mitigating risks and resolving issues, working closely with the business leads & project team members. PMs have a responsibility to manage their assigned projects in the context of the overall company portfolio of projects.
- Participate in the development of the project charter/justification, obtains stakeholder approval, and manage scope changes over the duration of the project.
- Work with the business partners and leads to ensure alignment to the scope of the project / program and overarching strategy.
- Facilitate development of the project Governance working with the business to develop, obtain stakeholder approval, and ensure information remains current and teams are held accountable.
- Develop and maintains project plans for each project / program within MS Project for managed initiatives, adhering to the Project Management format and at the proper level of detail to adequately track and report on progress.
- Develop and maintains actions/issue/risk logs for each initiative to appropriately track project/programs actions, issues, and risks to resolution / mitigation.
- Develop consolidated, standard, and accurate initiative status reporting, as per the defined schedule, that provides transparency to the project / program progress and any issues or risks that could have a negative impact.
- Collaboration with functional teams to ensure all deployment activities are known to the operations and other affected parties.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree and PMP Certification or equivalent Operational Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as PM or Operations Management
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office Tools experience; MS Project a plus
- 25% travel
Peapod offers a competitive starting salary, with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and flexible spending accounts...and a discount on your groceries! You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.