Project Manager / Scrum Master
Morningstar’s structured credit research and ratings subsidiary (MCR) is a Nationally Recognized Statistical Ratings Organization (NRSRO) that has earned a reputation for innovation and excellence in the structured finance market. This group aims to increase market transparency and provides the highest quality ratings through securities research, monitoring services, data, and technology solutions.
The Agile Project Manager / Scrum master / Agile coach will be responsible for facilitating the planning and execution of product development projects/programs through coordination of multiple disciplines. They will be the stewards of Morningstar’s development framework and operational best practices. Most importantly, they are responsible for the delivery of business requirements in the form of working software, at regular, frequent intervals. This role will act as Agile Project Manager / Scrum master / Agile coach for a US team dispersed in two locations (NYC and Chicago) and will coordinate with other global teams (the main one in Mumbai).
• Adopt and adhere to Morningstar’s Product Development Framework and functional best practices established by the Operational Excellence team.
• Serve as Scrum Master in managing sprints and working with team members to deliver working software.
• Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies, managing follow up and communications with the necessary stakeholders
• Foster a team dynamic that is motivated to improve the customer experience, adoption and key performance indicators.
• Ability to identify issues during the sprint and help team in resolution of issues which impede progress.
• Ability to coach, train and/or educate team on Agile processes.
• Establish team dynamic that ensures open, constant and honest communication.
• Coordinate with stakeholders to create and manage a realistic and detailed project schedule.
• 5+ Years’ experience in Project Management, Scrum & Agile Methodologies
• Knowledge of software development processes and methodologies is required; experience with Agile is required
• A proven record in being a Scrum Master for multiple teams
• Excellent communication, time management/organization, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
• Ability to facilitate team decision-making processes and foster an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration
• Highly effective at coaching teams and providing feedback to both the team and stakeholders
• Possess strong active listening skills.
• Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, ability to create focus and keep the team focused on business objectives.
• Scrum certification along with at least three years of experience as a Scrum Master in a software development environment that diligently applied Scrum principles, practices, and theory is desired
• High-level knowledge of technology and the SDLC are desirable
• Prior experience using JIRA project and issue tracking software is desirable