As the PMO Administrator, you will be a member of the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) and help in the creation, tracking and reporting of projects, programs and portfolios overseen by the PMO. This role is responsible for administering in-house project management tracking tool (Clarity), training end users and generating reporting and analytics from the system. Additionally, this position manages the definition and creation of all PMO portfolio and project reports and supports the execution of all projects and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the portfolio of product and project management initiatives, to ensure accurate tracking of critical project statistics for finance, head of PMO and CIO.
- Create reports for project statistics and status that are easily understood, and actionable, for business leaders and managers.
- Manage the "end to end" process of capitalizing internal resources. This includes but is not limited to, liaising with finance and technology managers alike to ensure an effective process of approving capitalization requests and then capturing the necessary information to accurately and robustly track capitated expenses.
- Liaison closely with Manager of Finance (Technology) to drive optimization in the tracking of internal resources, establishing mutual empathy between finance and engineering/product management.
- Provide clarity for the product development organization (engineers and product managers) to remain in full compliance with project financing and tracking requirements of the organization and our auditors.
- Keep abreast on best practice and innovative ways to continually relieve overhead burden on capitalize-able resources and facilitate better PMO administration.
- Interact effectively with project and product managers in the PMO to ensure that they maintain accurate, up-to-date project information. Initiate the regular collaboration needed with these stakeholders to facilitate accurate project tracking.
- Manage and maintain Clarity to meet the PMO's goals and to enable effective project tracking and reporting.
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects.
- Effective tracking and communication of project status, risks, issues, and metrics.
- Liaison/point of contact to users of Clarity.
- Develop end user training documents and train new users.
- Responsible for Clarity related communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years' experience working in a technology PMO.
- 1-3 years' Project Coordinator and/or Clarity experience.
- Extremely comfortable working independently--with general guidance.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Expertise with MS Office Suite, including Visio and MS Project / Open Workbench
- Understanding of financial reporting
- Proven PMO/Project Analyst or Coordinator experience and knowledge of project management
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Strong understanding of software development life cycles and/or software development methodologies
- Knowledge of Demand Manager, Project Manager, Process Manager, Resource Manager, Portfolio Manager, Reporting and Analytics, and Portals within Clarity.
- Must be proficient in the use of project management tools, techniques, and practices
- Requires excellent communication skills, flexibility, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively IT management and staff
- Demonstrated ability to write formal documents and clear concise communications to multiple audiences