Model Risk Management and Governance Consultant
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you ‘ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals and at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
Advanced Analytics has enterprise-wide oversight and responsibility for all aspects of technology related to model development, testing, and deployment. This position will lead the development of a next-generation framework to support coordination, communication, implementation, execution, and deployment of models across multiple business units.
We’re looking for an innovative thinker in the model governance and deployment space to revolutionize our processes and drive down time to market for our data science teams. This is your opportunity to bring your experience and ideas to help shape a modern model deployment and governance framework around existing tools as well as newer, more modern tool stack (cloud-native offerings, h2o, Jupyter / R, Docker and Kubernetes).
The candidate will report to the Senior Manager, Analytics Process Management and interact with partners in Credit Risk, Marketing for Card, Finance, Consumer Lending, Network, Banking Businesses and Business Technology.
- Designing and implementing a unified model governance and validation framework to standardize, automate, and deploy models for multiple business units (marketing / card operations / credit risk and more).
- Collaborating with a team of analytics process engineers as well as developers and infrastructure engineers who are building an underlying platform for data science efforts, and to assist in integrating this solution with the overall model governance and validation framework.
- Ability to set model governance and validation strategy and vision for the organization.
- Proficiency with financial technology solutions for modeling and strategy development and deployment (such as the SAS and FICO suite of analytics solutions).
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of experience, OR a Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience in disciplines related to MIS, analytics or business administration.
- Experience in the areas of model governance, model management, credit risk management or analytics
- Proven experience in project management, understand complex business processes, risks, and controls. Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects.
- Hands on experience with financial industry analytics solutions (FICO Blaze, Falcon, DMP) and database technologies (Data warehouses, relational databases, SQL).
- Prior experience using Atlassian JIRA for workflows and Agile projects.
- General experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Unix based operating systems, such as Linux and Git-based version control systems, such as GitHub.
- Familiarity with BI and visualization tools such as Tableau, BIRT, SSRS, Qlikview, Spotfire.
- Proven ability to work in collaborative and team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of organization as well as internal and external customers and to communicate advanced topics to any audience.
- Experience within the Financial industry
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience in credit card/payments industry strongly preferred.
- PMP, LEAN/Six Sigma certification strongly preferred.
- Prior process control/ process review/ internal audit experience preferred
- Prior experience in handling risk data, policies, and procedures
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!