Menu Innovation Project Manager
About the role:
Our Innovation Project Manager will lead the new product development process from concept to recipe finalization to bring new menu items to life for our customers. You will leverage data and insights to surface trends and develop new concepts, and then manage the culinary team to hit set launch targets by setting innovation guardrails and timelines. You will develop and manage our customer insights process to ensure our customer comes first in everything we do. You will work cross-functionally with our sourcing, QA, and production teams to identify and solve for any potential roadblocks upstream to ensure a recipe's successful hand-off to the commercialization team.
Our ideal candidate is analytical, thoughtful, and hungry (in more ways than one!) You're a passionate go-getter who has a track record of effectively managing cross-functional teams and creatively solving problems, and you're comfortable doing so without an army of people or resources to help.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Strong organization and project management skills - you love making structure out of chaos
- Analytical and critical thinker - you love synthesizing data
- Self-motivated and hands-on - you jump in and do what it takes to get the job done
- Humble and collaborative team-player - it would never occur to you to say, "that's not my job."
- Problem-solver - your curiosity to continuously improve is contagious
- Strong business acumen - you're supremely detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture
In a typical week you will:
- Analyze sales trends, customer insights and data to identify innovation opportunities and areas of optimization for current items.
- Develop, lead, and manage the product development innovation process, partnering with cross-functional (culinary, sourcing, QA, commercialization) teams to successfully bring new menu items to life on set timelines
- Create and manage development guidelines and goals for menu optimization and innovation priorities.
- Set priorities and due dates for the culinary team. You will closely manage this team to ensure we are hitting COGs targets, brand and sourcing guardrails etc.
- Perform competitive analysis to identify menu opportunity areas.
- Manage internal tastings and external customer panels to optimize recipes during the development process.
- Develop new customer insights methods and processes to guide innovation priorities and optimization needs.
- Function as the liaison between our development and commercialization teams, ensuring that nothing gets lost in translation throughout the development process.
- Manage our assortment and merchandising strategy, working to identify new innovation or optimization opportunities to maximize revenue in each Fridge
- 3-5 years of experience relevant to the above;
- An undergraduate degree in business, marketing, operations, project management, or related field.
- A brand management, insights, product development/innovation background is preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of leading cross-functional projects with people of all backgrounds, cultures, and levels of experience
- Worked in a high-growth, rapid change environment, preferably in the food space but not required.
- A solid understanding of financial business metrics (COGs, P&Ls, etc.) and a demonstrated ability to hit business goals
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows - we are a new place every quarter!
- A deep passion for food and a pulse on food industry trends. You are insanely passionate about Farmer's Fridge mission to improve people's lives through 24/7 access to fresh food.
- Traditional Healthcare Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Daily Fridge Credits
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
About Farmer's Fridge:
At Farmer's Fridge, we're committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you're passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below.