Manager, Project Management
Morningstar’s Finance team is looking for a Project Manager to lead the core Procure to Pay Project (P2P) team through Morningstar’s global Coupa implementation. Coupa is a cloud-based P2P tool that will allow us to request goods/services to be purchased, route requisitions systematically for approvals, issue Purchase Orders (POs) to suppliers, and integrate with Oracle, our financial transaction processing/reporting system, for payment. In August 2018, we completed the first phase of our implementation, invoicing functionality for 19 countries. In July 2019 we will plan to go live with the second phase f our P2P implementation which is the Requisition to Purchase Order (Req to PO) functionality for US Technology and Facilities. Phase 3, Technology and Facilities for CAN begins in September with a targeted go live if Feb 2020. The team will then focus on EMEA and APAC later in 2020. This cross functional project team works collaboratively throughout the various phases of the project (Plan, Analyze, Design, Build, Test, Deploy) to ensure we meet our project milestones.
This position will provide you the opportunity to lead the project management office of a global, strategic initiative which aims to implement a tool and processes to help control and monitor expenses. You will work closely with the team’s other Core Team Members to coordinate project timelines, monitor project milestones, assess project resources, report on project status. You will gain access to cross-functional teams, processes and leadership and experience first-hand the various phases of a system implementation. This role is project based.
- Develop detailed project plan to monitor and track project activity and status. Communicate status to stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate project resources and facilitate task prioritization with team
- Ensure project milestones are achieved on time, within budget and manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Escalate risks/issues to Senior Management timely and consider risk mitigation/contingency plans
- Lead stand up meetings with Core Team (frequency depends on phase of project)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- 5-7 years project management experience (focusing on third party system implementations)
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Intermediate excel skills (vlookups, if/then statements, pivot tables, other basic formulas)
- Experience with JIRA, MS Project and/or Smartsheet
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to assigned tasks
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.