Manager, Organizational Change Management (OCM)
Manager, Organizational Change Management (OCM)
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently in search of a high-performance individual with experience implementing organizational change management (OCM) strategies and the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding Operations Excellence Practice to serve as a Manager focused on OCM At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
West Monroe Partners’ Operations Excellence practice applies practical organizational change management solutions and proven methods to help our clients:
* Prepare for and sustain changes driven by one or multiple initiatives
* Realize the business value of those change initiatives.
* Build change readiness capability – sustaining immediate changes and adapting to future ones
Our clients’ change programs range from short strategic engagements to large transformational programs. Project duration ranges from four weeks to six months or even beyond a year. Our client services include change management assessment, strategy development, planning, leadership engagement, communications, training solutions and organization alignment.
We are looking for candidates with 5-8 years of experience providing change management solutions in support of large scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational initiatives. Candidates should also have experience in helping to develop and enhance supporting methodologies and tool sets, as well as integrating these with other consulting solutions (e.g., technology- and industry-focused practices).
Successful candidates will have experience in the following types of activities:
* Identifying and documenting organizational impacts of change initiatives and planning strategies that lead to successful adoption of change
* Assessing organizational cultures, capabilities, and alignment to effectively tailor change management approaches
* Leading stakeholder analysis efforts, conducing stakeholder interviews, analyzing needs and synthesizing findings
* Managing execution of change initiatives
* Effectively engaging senior leaders as sponsors of change
* Enabling client-specific change management strategies through:
- Developing comprehensive organizational change management strategies and plans
- Identifying change risks and developing mitigation strategies
- Leading the development and execution of communication strategies and plans
- Analyzing learning needs, developing training approaches and curricula, and leading the development of in-person, virtual, and on-demand training programs
- Conducting train-the-trainer sessions and classroom-based training sessions
- Assessing the effectiveness of communication and training
- Managing stakeholder expectations and engagement
- Assessing organization alignment for change and developing interventions to improve alignment
- Developing effective approaches for sustaining and fully-realizing change goals following implementation
Managers focused on organizational change management at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
* Lead change impact and stakeholder analysis and develop change management approaches and strategies tailored to clients’ organizations and change goals
* Identify issues and risks related to organizational change and develop mitigation plans
* Lead efforts to execute change management recommendations across areas such as vision/value definition and measurement, change communication, leadership engagement, organization alignment, and change sustainment
* Ensure the readiness of the client organization(s) for a variety of changes including new technology/processes, mergers/acquisitions, new organization strategy or other change efforts
* Manage project economics including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
* Participate in and support the national team in development and enhancement of the firm’s organizational change management methodologies, tools, and other collateral
* Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers, and other related efforts
* Collaborate with local office leadership to define how to align practice with office strategy and other practices
* Mentor and develop staff on the job and through formal and informal feedback
* Coach and manage consultant-level resources and actively participate in the performance expectation process
* Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top-quality consultants
* Lead the development of proposals and other efforts related to Organizational Change Management
* Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
* Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
* Bachelor’s degree preferred in related discipline (e.g., Economics, Business Management, Psychology, Communications, Organizational Behavior, Organization Development or similar fields)
* 5-8 years of experience providing change management solutions in support of large scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational initiatives
* Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
* Experience in change management areas such as communications, training and support, leadership engagement or change network management
* Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
* Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal corporate change management group is preferred
* Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking and/or Private Equity
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and customer relations skills
* Ability to travel up to 70%
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.