Lead Organization Development Consultant
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Office of the CIO is seeking a strong project manager/communicator for this high profile position responsible for BT events and employee engagement. You will be responsible for directing volunteer efforts including managing site selection, contracts, communications and volunteer/leader recruitment. You will lead recognition/engagement activities and oversee technology leadership meetings. The ideal candidate is energetic, collaborative and passionate about helping our award-winning Technology organization continue to evolve and innovate.
Leads recognition activities. Manages company-sponsored recognition award processes. Creates and implements action plans to drive increased recognition.
Supports company volunteerism and philanthropy initiatives. Plans and directs volunteer opportunities for employees.
Evaluates processes and develops improvements to drive employee effectiveness and engagement.
Coordinates departmental events and communication activities. Partners with external vendors to ensure events are delivered to business expectations. Manages contracts, budgets, event communications, and feedback processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Design, Communications, or Human Resources
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Organizational Design, Non-Profit Administration, HR, Communication
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Project Management, Organizational Design, Non-Profit Administration, HR, Communications, Business
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively interact with all levels in the organization.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills; high energy, independent and self-motivated leader.
- Oriented towards execution and solutions. Demonstrated ability to improve processes and to measure results.
- Understanding of IT fundamentals, major technology platforms and organization.
- Must have intermediate/advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!