Experienced Consultant, Supply Chain
Experienced Consultant, Supply Chain
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking an Experienced Consultant with current business / technology consulting experience to join our rapidly growing Supply Chain team. We are seeking a candidate with 2-3 years of supply chain experience preferably executing projects involving transportation management and route planning, execution systems and supply chain planning.
Our practice serves an array of clients across industries and service offerings—from advising organizations on supply chain strategies to supply chain optimization technology implementation and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
As an Experienced Consultant on our supply chain team you will serve our clients in several roles focused on system selection and implementation (TMS and Route Planning & Executions), carrier portfolio optimization, fleet optimization, and will also likely play an active role leading supply chain and technology assessments, cost-to-serve analysis, supply chain and manufacturing operations strategy development, and supporting our Mergers & Acquisitions activities from an operations perspective. You will also support our industry vertical teams, with the primary overlaps being Consumer and Industrial products, healthcare life science and Private Equity.
In addition to client service delivery, you will be an int egral part of our team that helps shape our practice culture (strategy, recruiting, team building, practice development, etc.).
Experienced Consultants in our practice at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
* Work directly with clients to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
* Facilitate client workshops focused on documenting business process and requirements
* Synthesize customer’s business requirements to create clear and comprehensive use cases and solution design documentation
* Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites.
* Develop client-ready communications to facilitate decision making, communicate status, mitigate risk or resolve issues
* Participate in the creation of project related deliverables such as project plans, implementation plans, communication plans, and financial models
* Participate in the practice development process by assisting in the development of tools, methodologies and techniques used by WMP in on client assignment
* Actively participate in the recruiting process for interns & consultant
* Coach other consultants and actively participate in the performance review process
* Participate in the business development process by assisting in the development of project approaches and proposals
* Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, etc.)
* Must have experience working with or implementing Tier 1 / Tier 2 Transportation Management Systems or Route Planning and Execution systems
* Must have knowledge of demand planning and inventory optimization concepts and systems
* Must have experience working with external clients in a team-based professional consulting capacity
* Minimum of 2 years participating on business consulting or IT project-based work / teams
* Minimum of 2 years of experience with a specific industry domain expertise in one or more of the following: manufacturing & distribution, transportation, or supply chain planning software
* Minimum of 2 years deploying successful solutions in demand planning, constraint-based supply planning, and/or inventory optimization preferred
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and client deliverable experience
* Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to handle projects and priorities
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and client relationship skills
* Ability to travel 80% is required
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.