10th Magnitude is seeking an experienced professional services Engagement Manager to lead multiple project teams through successful delivery of Azure transformation projects. This role requires demonstrated consulting services and project management expertise with a passion for attaining customer success and driving results. The Engagement Manager will work closely with clients and the 10th Magnitude Sales and Engineering teams to ensure successful project delivery.
As one of Microsoft’s top cloud partners, we are helping organizations around the globe migrate mission critical systems into the cloud, adopt DevOps tools and processes and build cutting edge cloud applications. Are you a people person and a leader with a methodical mindset and a desire to deliver for your client? Do you possess a hunger to solve new problems (and deal with ambiguity that comes with it) with a passion for process optimization and continuous improvement? Do you have a consulting background in Project Management/Delivery? If so, the role of Engagement Manager is the position for you.
At 10th Magnitude, we run our projects in a lean and agile way. Our focus is delivering high quality solutions to our clients and helping them achieve their goals. Your voice will be instrumental in influencing how projects are executed and delivered.
As an Engagement Manager at 10th Magnitude you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects across multiple disciplines and industries. Typical projects include: Leading Process or System Improvements, Assessment and Roadmap, Custom Application Development, Infrastructure and Networking and DevOps Consultation. You will lead teams of two to four engineers over the course of two to four-month projects. Your responsibilities will include:
- Project Management Methodology. Apply skills and methodology to manage others, proactively mitigate risks, resolve issues and escalate when appropriate.
- Agile Requirements Definition. Collaboration with clients to define requirements and translate them in user stories.
- Business Knowledge. Demonstrate understanding of clients’ businesses and build credibility quickly.
- Supports Services Sales with Business Development related to accounts that are assigned to his/her Engagement Portfolio.
- Drives project governance including activities concerning issue escalation within the client organization and internal to 10th Magnitude, change management processes and addressing concerns raised in quality reviews with 10th Magnitude stakeholders, partners and client stakeholders.
- Delivery Leadership. Lead project teams and be the point person accountable for successful delivery.
- Client Communication. Polished communicator adept at producing advanced, client-ready presentations. Clearly communicate project status, risks/issues and remediation.
- Scope and Budget Management. Track our team’s progress and work with client to document and approve any changes.
- Customer Relationship. Actively build the client relationship. Frequently gather client feedback and work to ensure highest customer satisfaction.
- Business Development. Support our sales team in scoping and proposing new business to ensure client satisfaction with the work we have proposed.
- Quality Assurance. Functional and usability
- 10+ years of experience in executive leadership or consulting
- Demonstrated capability managing $1M complex projects, as well as medium-large sized teams
- Technical knowledge and a passion for technology
- Experience with Infrastructure implementation projects and/or application development
- Experience with process diagramming (such as Visio)
- Experience with agile project tracking tools (such as JIRA)
- Structured development methodologies (such as Agile Scrum, iterative and Kanban)
- Experience working across Sales and Delivery with the customer at the center
- Demonstrated drive in continuous process improvement. We look for candidates who proactively identify areas for improvement and work to continuously improve the way we do things.
Regardless of skills and experience, we look for people with the following personality traits:
- You exude round the clock enthusiasm for your field of expertise.
- You’re really deep in a few areas, but capable across a much wider range.
- You can confidently converse with clients in their own language.
- Problem Solver. You can figure out a solution to any problem that comes your way
- You can separate what must be done now and what can be improved later.
- Team Player. You help others, ask for input and share ideas all in the name of teamwork.