DMS Agile Coach
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. Were all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Agile Coach is responsible for teaching, coaching and facilitating agile and lean management practices and principles to business and software delivery teams, in order to drive business impact while instilling a culture of continuous improvement. Implements a company-wide Discover Management System (DMS) transformation in respective area, works to mature DMS, and builds capabilities in leaders and teams.
- Engages with and establishes relationships with teams and leaders, coaching them to transform existing business and development practices.
- Organizes, leads and motivates multiple teams in the adoption of Agile and Lean practices to improve delivery performance.
- Conducts training, workshops and assessments to advance DMS maturity in the organization.
- Works as a full effective member of the DMS team to continuously evolve processes for agile transformation.
- Enables teams to adopt and improve agile methods, and serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Coaches Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers and Senior Managers in embracing their role and delivering value.
- Coaches team members for efficient use of tools supporting Agile practices both at the team and program levels.
- Offers Agile Leadership Training to our Leaders/Stakeholders, trains Agile teams on Lean, Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe and other Agile practices/processes.
- Leverages metrics to monitor/enhance teams performance and Agile maturity level.
- Participates/contributes in various Communities of Practices.
- Leads Community of Practices / workshops based on roles or specific topics.
- Coaches team members in improving behaviors, interactions among the Agile team members in alignment with our DMS Principles and Values.
At a minimum, heres what we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree (Minimum) in Business Administration or Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum: 4+ years in Scrum, Agile, Scaled Agile, or related experience
- Experience using any agile development tools (JIRA and Rally)
If we had our say, wed also look for:
- 5+ years of relevant Agile experience (Agile Coach, Enterprise Transformation, Agile Practitioner, Scrum Master or Product Owner)
- Agile related certification, SAFe Program Consultants Certification
- Lean Certifications: Lean Six Sigma or Green Belt
- Active participation in Agile communities, speaking in conferences, publishing blogs are desirable, but not required.
- Thinks strategically and innovatively
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- High Energy, positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Strong communications (oral and written), interpersonal, presentation and organization skills
- High comfort with ambiguity
- Designing and Improving Process/Methodology
- Organizational Change Management
- Active listening skills – seeking to understand first, before sharing any opinions
- Pragmatic view on Agile concepts
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while youre waiting to hear from us, dont forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer ( EEO is the law ). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!