McDonald’s goal is to be a modern, dynamic burger company delivering a contemporary customer experience. Customers are expecting new and exciting experiences and services that are easy to use and seamlessly integrated into their daily lives. In response to this consumer driven trend, McDonald’s has integrated a global digital commerce platform with the traditional restaurant POS to enable sales growth and connect more personally with McDonald’s customers.
Restaurant technology plays an important role in restaurant operations. Tighter integration and timely data sharing across the various ordering channels will enable more personalized customer experiences.
The Director of Restaurant Solutions within Global Technology USA is accountable for the long-term strategy and current releases of Point of Sale (POS), customer self-order kiosk, and Restaurant File Maintenance (RFM) platform implementations in support of all 14,000+ US McDonald’s restaurants. While US customers are the primary focus, a global mindset is required to realize cost efficiencies and maintain compatibility over time.
You have an appreciation for McDonald’s 24x7 business cycle. This person will make strategic business decisions to improve short-term uptime and long-term brand building, minimize support needs by systems failing gracefully, and enable a reasonable hardware reinvestment cycle.
Key partners include US Owner/Operators, internal business areas such as Operations, Digital, Global IT, Marketing, Legal, and many others. Close partnership with strategic partner Capgemini is critical.
This leader orchestrates between the Project Management Office and Senior Project Managers across multiple disciplines to track progress against planned dedications and collectively adjusts program plans to ensure effective completion of dedications. You will utilize effective governance and change management disciplines to help plan, sequence business initiatives, and assess the impact of changes to the US strategy or priorities on the technology plan.
A key responsibility is instituting McDonald's Project Management standards and standard methodologies to ensure programs are delivered on time, on budget, and with the capabilities committed in the project charter.
You will be results and measurement driven, strategic, an exceptional communicator, and exhibit partnership and influencing skills that develop a reciprocal and continuous improvement environment. You will also be recognized for your ability to attract and develop top talent for the leadership pipeline.
• US Restaurant Solutions Release Plan - Through partnering with other McDonald’s disciplines, define the 3 Year Release Plan for US McDonald’s restaurant technology, including POS, kiosk, and RFM. Maintain tight alignment with Operations, US Digital Technology and Global Technology plans.
• Execution - Execute to the restaurant technology release plan by leading localization and implementation of the individual technology components.
• Operational Support - Ensure processes are in place to support the 24x7 operational needs of these technologies.
• Business Relevance - Evaluate the economic viability, high-level business case, and funding model for US restaurant technology initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Business with related experience, MBA a plus.
• 15 years overall IT experience with significant experience in a cross-functional Project Management function.
• Shown success leading large projects/project teams through effective planning, communication, presentation, and social skills.
• Confirmed understanding of the software development life cycle & methodologies and well versed in multiple project management standard methodologies.
• Building and sustaining individual and team relationships
• Project management disciplines including project and resource planning, change management, risk and issue management, project reporting including project financials
• Adapts readily and leads program and Director teams effectively through changing priorities
• Stays aligned among partners and exhibits a strong level of decisiveness in a timely manner
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.