Roles and Responsibilities of the Compliance Specialists
- Develop and maintain positive vendor relations required to ensure superior customer satisfaction.
- Consult with vendors about specific compliance requirements including, but not limited to, contract terms, insurance requirements, customer rules and regulations, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- Review vendor insurance policies to ensure compliance with SMS Assist’s contractual standards.
- Possess ability to effectively communicate with vendors and insurance agents regarding various insurance coverages, including but not limited to general liability, auto, umbrella, and other coverages.
- Review vendor contractual documents, consult with and aid the senior Legal Department staff in the performance of any contractual edits and negotiations.
- Identify, research, and resolve vendor issues related to SMS Assist’s contractual standards.
- Correspond and collaborate with various Legal Department members regarding various compliance issues.
- Verify vendor business registrations and certifications with various private and governmental entities and databases, including validation of vendor tax information with IRS databases.
- Ensure vendor compliance with contractual requirements, including laws and customer requirements.
- Obtain and vet key vendor financial documentation.
- Seek alternative ways to innovate and improve current processes and procedures, including developing risk management strategies
- Process all contract requests and reports within assigned deadlines
- Other duties/ special projects as directed
Qualifications and Education Requirements for the Compliance Specialists
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Superb investigative abilities and capacity to research various governmental and informational databases
- Ability to independently analyze, research, and problem solve
- Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Professional, with a high-level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent “customer service” skills (i.e. ability to actively listen, address issues, properly follow up on resolutions, and ensure everything is done in a timely manner)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
Preferred Skills of the Compliance Specialists
- Previous experience in the legal and/or insurance industries (or related legal education)
- Previous experience in the facilities industry
- Contract management experience
- Thorough understanding of risk management and its role in an organization
- Ability to negotiate
- Travel expected: none
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.