Reverb has established itself as the leading marketplace for buying and selling musical instruments across the globe. We believe leading with vision, proactively utilizing customer and stakeholder feedback loops, and understanding our customer experience and systems are essential to building impactful products. We believe a sense of purpose keeps teams aligned. We bring a global perspective to everything we build, including our transactions platform. If you want to work with a talented, nimble team in an environment that values accuracy, creativity, autonomy, and pragmatic decision-making, you'll be right at home here.
You are passionate about understanding how to leverage technology to solve big problems. You enjoy the logic behind technical systems. You pride yourself on strong communication skills and thorough, just-in-time requirements gathering. You are motivated to help design and engineering teams understand their priorities and stay on track throughout development. You believe no task is complete without keeping stakeholders in the loop. You have a love for numbers, you enjoy balancing your personal budget, and you even can get excited about preparing for tax season… occasionally.
Our ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product and business skills to ensure Reverb provides top-notch payment solutions for our users and internal systems for stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders in operations, finance, accounting, risk and fraud to understand their needs and priorities.
- Gather technical and business requirements for projects, and clearly communicate the vision and plan for each iteration.
- Coordinate with design and engineering to identify lean, sustainable approaches to deliver impactful transaction features to our users.
- Leverage payment and risk technologies, along with accounting integrations, to deliver effortless and accurate payment and reconciliation experiences for users and internal stakeholders.
- Document and maintain an outcome-focused roadmap; manage changing requirements under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Nurture a continuous feedback loop between yourself, stakeholders and 3rd party vendors.
- 3+ years of relevant work as a technical product manager working on transaction-oriented products.
- Experience participating in technical discussions, and running meetings with technical and business leaders.
- A proven bias for action when managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience managing incoming requests in a way that keeps the team focused, while demonstrating progress to stakeholders.
- Track record of anticipating, identifying, and ensuring resolution of possible technical and business implications of each release.
- Strong systems thinking abilities.
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident using SQL to pull data for analysis.
- Exposure to payments and/or accounting is a plus.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBookPro, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice. Even a stand up desk if you want!
- Discounts on music gear.
This is a local position in Chicago, please no remote workers or recruiters.