Sr. Director of Product
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
As a Senior Director of Product at Grubhub, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the product roadmap and execution for a broad swath of initiatives for our GrubHub Delivery (GHD) organization. You will have direct responsibility for the oversight and thought leadership of multiple product directors and teams within the Grubhub organization. You will collaborate across the organization with Senior Leadership and critical business stakeholders, and be responsible for driving growth of our diners through a high value experience through our diner products. You will report directly into the VP of Product for the Grubhub organization, based in our Chicago office.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help lead and set the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with executive leadership, GrubHub’s technology team and various business teams, to articulate specific goals
- Establish key performance metrics for GHD and develop long term strategies and products to improve them
- Create the vision and articulate the short and long term product strategy for our GHD product teams, ensuring alignment with the overall Product Roadmap for the larger Grubhub organization
- Own the delivery and clear messaging of the overall delivery strategy and goals to Product teams and ensuring delivery against them
- Be responsible for the leadership development of several Product leaders and product teams within the organization
You Should Have
- 10+ years experience with strong technical or product expertise including the ability to manage multiple Product teams
- Direct experience in a with local delivery, dispatch, or logistics
- Experience working with and motivating an on-demand driver workforce is a plus
- 10+ years experience leading high performance team in fast-paced organizations and environments
- Strong ability collaborate with C-level executives and across broad organizations including technology, marketing, sales, operations, and finance
- Demonstrated experience with working with demand forecasting and delivery/dispatch algorithms
- Demonstrated experience launching new products in high growth markets
- Familiar with product development in Agile and OKR methodologies preferably with squad or tribe structures
- Experience managing or providing guidance to virtual team members and or teams
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health, set
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- BA required; MBA a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.