What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What You’ll Do
A Solutions Manager is the linchpin of innovation and customer success design process who strives to lead a matrixed team to deliver solution excellence. The Solution Manager’s ability to internalize and articulate the needs of customers, married with business savvy and technical competency, are leveraged to build trust, discipline, and passion across the organization. The Solutions Manager thrives as both an individual contributor and in collaborative settings by defining vision, evaluating opportunities, and discovering and producing solutions that deliver customer and business value.
- Become a company-wide expert of your customers problems and operating challenges.
- Lead individual opportunity discovery processes, including market opportunities, user/customer research and prototyping to identify, evaluate and define solutions that are valuable, usable, and feasible.
- Grow and refine product backlog by prioritizing against short- and long-term value delivery.
- Collaborate with development, user experience, strategy, and other team members throughout solution definition and project delivery.
- Make and own the hard decisions and trade-offs that emerge during solution delivery when things don’t go exactly as planned.
- Influence the decisions of highly matrixed development teams through vision, persuasion, and the authority of expert customer intimacy.
- Align solution planning in harmony with product and platform strategy and other product roadmaps
- Participate in and help lead the continued evolution of the solutions management organization and related processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of product management and/or solution delivery or similar experience at a technology/IT company
- Strong ability to view the solution that will excite and delight a customer to secure a continued, positive relationship
- Display the ability to be a leader to all parties involved in the customer engagement and solution design processes
- Prior demonstration to manage priorities against the varying needs of customers and partners
- Critical thinking skills to quickly make and measure decisions during planning and execution
- Coherently discuss and differentiate opportunity, image, value and revenue
- Exude the confidence to leverage intuition to translate the unknown opportunity into an actionable plan
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.