Senior Technical Product Manager, Application Frameworks
Who you are:
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you are a user-centric entrepreneur who loves to envision and build modern applications and platform frameworks that help our users get their jobs done like never before in complex and dynamic industrial IoT scenario. You possess an ideal blend of business, design-thinking, and technology savvy, and a tenacious and persuasive personality to rally people around a vision and shepherd it to life. You think in terms of "platform". You may or may not have been an engineer in the past but you’re definitely user and market driven, not technology driven. You’re also a trusted coach for the people you lead. You’re curious, flexible, and industrious.
What you’ll do:
As Senior Technical Product Manager of Uptake’s Application Frameworks, you will be responsible for defining and delivering applications and frameworks that equip product development teams and partners to build product experiences that work and feel like Uptake, on all form factors, with speed and efficacy.
You will lead roadmapping and development efforts for the offerings in your care, communicating and achieving priorities and KPIs, and performing validated learning with user insights. You will collaborate with product designers, engineers, customer success leads, marketers, partners, and all other practitioners appropriately to bring those offerings to market. And you will help product managers reporting to you grow and achieve.
You will be expected to grow the value and utility of the offerings you lead in a dynamic, fast-moving industrial IoT marketplace, with your success governed and measured by specific quantitative and qualitative measurements. In this strategic role, you will serve a diverse and growing user ecosystem, so expectations are high, and effective inbound and outbound communications skills are a requirement.
In this role you will:
- Own the roadmaps for your offerings, ensuring they are always clearly understood and visible across everyone who partners with you, or depends on the work of your team
- Partner with product teams and subject-matter experts to deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize their needs and needs of their users into priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Articulate development plans and stay on top of priorities, dependencies, and risks
- Manage direct reports (associate product managers) like a coach; help them grow and do their very best work
- Provide business and technical understanding of your products everywhere it's needed, whether internally or externally
- Measure and grow internal and external user adoption, ensuring that the product solves validated user needs and that priorities are appropriately equitable against the needs of multiple customer types and partners.
- Ensure that good ideas, wherever they emerge, are gathered, evaluated, and made visible on the roadmap
- Work with leadership to ensure business value is translated effectively, and that your product team is positioned for success and equipped to excel
- 8+ years product management experience.
- 3+ years leading early-to-mid-career product managers.
- Working knowledge of design thinking, enterprise architecture and systems, and universal experiences in software
- Advanced skills in market and competitive research, product roadmapping and prioritization; and measuring and driving user adoption.
- Experience in use case driven storytelling, working with analytics and user research outcomes to deliver actionable insights and recommendations.
- Commitment to rapid discovery of minimum viable products, and to iterative testing cycles to sort out the most valuable ideas and continuously improve them.
- Innate ability to empathize with and relate to users and their jobs to be done.
- Very sound critical thinking skills and judgment, borne out of experience and lessons learned.
- Ability to communicate goals, risks, and outcomes with clarity.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of enterprise platform and product development.
- Proven project management skills.
- An undergraduate degree, or related coursework plus demonstrated experience on the job.
Nice To Have
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience, in a software technology field
Why work here?
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet solved, at a speed no one has yet experienced. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.