Senior Product Manager, Universal Experiences & Frameworks
Who you are:
As a Senior Product Manager, you are a user-centric entrepreneur who loves to build insightful and valuable offerings that earn raving fans in complex and dynamic markets. You possess an ideal blend of business, design-thinking, and technical savvy, and a tenacious and persuasive personality to rally people around a vision and shepherd it to life. You’re also a trusted coach for the people you lead. You’re curious, flexible, and industrious.
What you’ll do:
As Senior Product Manager of Uptake’s Universal Experiences & Frameworks, you will be responsible for defining and delivering products and experiences that work and feel like Uptake, on all form factors, with speed and efficacy.
You will lead roadmapping and development efforts for your offerings, communicating and managing priorities and KPIs, and performing validated learning with user insights. You will collaborate with product designers, engineers, customer success leads, marketers, partners, and all other practitioners appropriately to bring those offerings to market. And you will help product managers in your care grow and achieve.
We expect you to grow the value and utility of your products and solutions in a dynamic, fast-moving industrial IoT marketplace, with your success governed and measured by specific quantitative and qualitative measurements. In this strategic role, you will serve a diverse and growing user ecosystem, so expectations are high, and effective inbound and outbound communications skills are a requirement.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the roadmaps and the success of the offerings you lead
- Partner with product teams and partners to deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize their needs and needs of their users into priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Articulate development plans and stay on top of priorities, dependencies, and risks
- Manage direct reports (associate product managers) like a coach; help them grow and do their very best work
- Provide business and technical understanding of the work going on in your area
- Measure and grow internal and external user adoption of the product, ensuring that the product solves validated user needs and that priorities are appropriately equitable against the needs of multiple customer types and partners.
- Ensure that good ideas, wherever they emerge, are gathered, evaluated, and made transparent on the roadmap
- Work with leadership to ensure business value is translated effectively; and that your product team is positioned for success and equipped to excel
- 8+ years product management experience.
- 3+ years leading early-to-mid-career product managers.
- Concrete experience in design thinking, enterprise architecture and systems, and universal experiences in software
- Seasoned in market and competitive research, product roadmapping and prioritization.
- Demonstrated skills in measuring and driving user adoption.
- Dedication to rapid discovery of minimum viable products, and to iterative testing cycles to sort out the most valuable ideas and continuously improve them.
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary team of people who don’t report to you.
- Innate ability to empathize with and relate to users and their jobs to be done.
- Sound critical thinking skills and judgment, borne out of experience and lessons learned.
- Ability to communicate and manage goals, risks, and outcomes with clarity.
- Working knowledge of enterprise platform and product development.
- Tried and true project management skills.
- An undergraduate degree, or related coursework plus demonstrated experience on the job.
Nice To Have
- Use case driven storytelling experience, working with analytics and user research outcomes to deliver actionable insights and recommendations.
- Experience in enabling customer success with enterprise platforms.
- Experience building applications using modern front-end technologies.
Why work here?
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet solved, at a speed no one has yet experienced. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.