Senior Product Manager, Data Platform
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Product Manager, Data Platform will report to the Director of Product Management, Data Platform and will play a critical part in building and operating a data platform that supports our Enterprise, Marketplace, and Marketing roadmaps.
You’ll own execution and operations for our data pipelines and data warehouse and will be responsible for making sure that the roadmap and the vision for the data platform comes to life and provides value for our core products, for our data science and analytics functions, and for the ShopRunner organization as a whole. You’ll be working side-by-side with product managers, analysts, integrations specialists, data engineers, data architects, and data scientists and will need to use both halves of your brain to bring our products to life.
Interested? Take a peek at some of the data engineering problems we’re tackling today: personalization and product recommendations, unifying user data across our web, mobile, and social interactions, cross-retailer data sharing, real-time event pipeline and streaming analytics, cross-channel/omni-channel performance, and inventory management and liquidation solutions. Some of the ways in which we want to utilize our insights are through our front-end customer experiences, mobile application, retailer partner dashboard, and integrated products and tools with merchants. To drive out our data pipeline and solutions, you will need to get your hands a little dirty by digging into our data. You’ll need to understand what data we’ve got, what data we need, and how we process it to serve our internal teams, consumers, and retailers .
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define and own the plan for upcoming features based on business objectives, roadmap, and deep understanding of our consumer, retailer, and analytics needs
- Take ownership of engaging, educating, and evangelizing the solutions you build
- Drive successful launch and adoption of data products and features
- Define direction and work efforts for the data engineering team, helping them to remove roadblocks and to continually deliver value to ShopRunner teams
- Ensure consistent operations, support, and visibility into the health of our data processing pipelines and data warehouse
- Work with analytics, engineering and data science to understand and influence the build-out of our data usage capabilities
- Work with Partner Integrations and Implementations to ensure that, as retailers come into and out of the ShopRunner network, their data is integrated into (or offboarded from) common data pipelines and operates within SLAs
- Work with external vendors to get, integrate, and expose any new data sets to ShopRunner internal teams
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience! 6+ years experience in product management, successfully building, launching and growing data products preferably in the eCommerce or analytics space.
- BA/BS at minimum
- You know how to create a plan, build consensus and make things happen.
- Huge passion for the products you manage. And, while others might not think it a big deal, you are even more passionate about the clients who use these products.
- Phenomenal communication skills. You know how to give/receive good news, bad news, suggestions and feedback. You are adept at communicating technical ideas to non-technical people and effortlessly translate business problems into technical solutions.
- Familiarity with data processing and storage technologies (distributed log management, streams, data ingestion, API management, object, block, file storage technologies)
- Familiarity with data warehousing technologies and modeling (ETL pipelines, cloud data warehouses, SnowFlake/RedShift/BigQuery, access patterns and event data models, etc.)
- Familiarity with real-time data usage and techniques (for use in urgency, trends -- data streaming, real time aggregations/correlation) as well as more traditional data usage and techniques (think data-warehousing techniques, rollups, cubes, visualizations)
- Familiarity with common visualization tool sets like Looker, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis concepts and programming tools like Python or R
OTHER THINGS WE’D LIKE YOU TO KNOW:
The Enterprise Products team is a small, yet growing, and highly visible team. With this role you'll be influencing C-suite executives, and potentially board members. You’ll help with not only the product but the process of getting work done. We also think a little personality is a good thing - we take fun very seriously. Finally, we need to you to be willing to think about things not as they are, but what they could be, and be willing to do the hard things to bring our enterprise data products to life.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.