We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Product team to help launch the next generation of our core platform. As a Product Owner, this role will work with leading edge technologies and an elite engineering team to then deliver new capabilities and features that deliver quantifiable value to our users and help craft the future of the company.
Core job responsibilities include:
- Driving strategic insight to industry standard methodologies, trending and benchmarking, and market research;
- Creation, communication, facilitation, and overall ownership of scenarios, features, and user-stories;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive positive and impactful business outcomes that align to quantifiable business metrics.
- Drive entire feature delivery lifecycle: research customer/user needs; write user-stories; partner with UX to design and prototype; work with engineering to develop, test and deliver a marketable product on time; collaborate with customer facing roles to drive market awareness and customer adoption in a dynamic, results-focused environment.
- Act as Product Owner supplying to business outcomes and roadmap definition, defining system roadmap required to meet core business outcomes by deeply understanding, documenting, analyzing, and synthesizing user needs into priorities, and building high quality features and user-stories to deliver on those outcomes.
- Understand and communicate the Product’s vision and strategic initiatives, and ensure alignment in all related activities meet the needs of the company’s long and short term goals.
- Ensuring that your team is constantly doing the right things, and has a balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support and doing them at the right time to ensure on-time product delivery
- You will serve as the development team representative during UAT for the purpose of clarifying the intended functional behavior of the software.
- Define the metrics and critical metrics used to measure the performance and value of product scope and identify and execute programs to continually improve them over time
- Assist with release and feature launches by building internal communication plans, providing all required training information to internal teams, and leading launch project plans
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, or equivalent field, required
- 3 years’ product management experience, and have had shown success defining product roadmaps for Enterprise Application Software
- Experience with platform products, building reciprocally with design and engineering peers, and releasing at scale software-based offerings that drive customer return on investment.
- Cross-functional Agile/Scrum environment experience with design, development, research and analytical abilities to assess and decompose business needs into functional, technical, and design requirements
- Strategic thinker that understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Creating and communicating a narrative about the value of data and platforms to transform end user experiences
- Problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically
- Strong business and technical skills that allow you to be a liaison for teams and initiatives.
- Effective communication skills working with individual contributors to executive leadership.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and the ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Proven experience delivering results in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Master’s (MA, MS or MBA) in the listed above degrees
- Certification for Pragmatic Marketing or Product Ownership preferred but not required
About Narrative Science:
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, its Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete transparency into how analytic decisions are made.
Narrative Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics