Share This Job
As the world’s leading sports data and technology company, STATS powers sports. We are trusted by more than 800 clients around the globe to enhance fan engagement and maximize team performance by analyzing sports data from more than 100,000 games a year with unrivaled speed and accuracy. We power sports on and off the field through data feeds, video analysis, sports content and research, player tracking through STATS SportVU®, and customizable digital solutions.
For more information, go to www.stats.com and follow STATS on Twitter @STATS_Insights.
STATS is looking for a Product Owner to join our team. In this role, you’ll help define, de-risk and execute against a product vision. As a Product Owner, you’ll work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, customer experience, and other on cross-functional and co-located product teams. You’ll need strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, technical fluency, empathy, humility and an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with product team to formulate our product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Internalize and deeply understand the complex technical problems facing internal and external stakeholders, as well as our partners
- Solicit and embrace critical feedback such as product direction, customer usage, customer behavior and other business-related metrics
- Serve as the voice of the customer and provide a business perspective on value during day-to-day development
- Drive story, backlog, and feature definition and prioritization
- Partner with UX on customer calls to validate and own story definition
- Collaborate with development team to define, design, accept, and adapt features
- Interact with customers on features, betas, roadmaps and feedback
- Prepare the go-to-market teams on the appropriate plan for availability of product improvements
- Run customer demos for features and full product
- Produce sales education materials in conjunction with product marketing
- Ensure smooth installation and adoption by working on documentation with services and support teams
Skills & Requirements
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; an MBA or graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, specifically with web-based products
- Experience defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to teach others
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills whether working with internal or external stakeholders
- Comfort level navigating complex decision making
- Proven ability to negotiate a backlog (e.g. Jira) with engineers and senior product management
- Experience working in an Agile environment and Lean methodology
Who We Are:
Our values at STATS mimic those of foundationally great team franchises. We have ambition to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It’s Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We look for candidates that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative GSD environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It’s Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are a driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and other accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.