Are you ready to make a difference at a high-growth, global company, recognized as a “Visionary” in Gartner’s 2017 Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce?
A Platinum Salesforce Partner, CloudCraze is the only SaaS based commerce product on the market, built natively in the Salesforce platform. With a core focus in the B2B space, CloudCraze is customer-focused, allowing our clients the ability to provide a tailored experience in order better connect and drive on-going relationships with their customers in ways that are commonly only experienced in B2C environments.
Reporting into the Director of Product Management the Product Owner will work closely with Professional Services, Customer Success, and Sales in order to build out the CloudCraze Product Releases based on our vision and roadmap.Qualified individuals must be experienced in Product Delivery and Product Management. Strong communication andstrategic thinking experience combined with collaborative effort in a fast-paced, environment is essential.
- Define and develop user stories and acceptance criteria for the new features including creation of diagrams and workflows
- Interview customers directly and collaborate with internal customer facing teams to understand needs and business problems that should be addressed with new features
- Manage the daily workflow with a team of engineers and designers.
- Document the new feature from the perspective of our users.
- Manage “Train the Trainer” sessions to educate internal customer facing teams on the new features.
- Work and assist Product Management to translate product vision and strategy and feature objectives into actionable product features
- Present and advocate for the new and existing features of CloudCraze. Align stakeholders and development teams around the goals of features and the product
- Visualize/consider full impact of desired outcome on business as well as software
- Learn Salesforce and CloudCraze to understand how we can build impactful features for our overall vision and strategy and pass the certification exams within the first 6 months of starting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience interacting with both business and IT teams.
- Experience working in product management with a focus on e-commerce
- Ability to translate high level business requirements into tactical user stories that can be used by development
- Knowledge of Project Management tools such as VersionOne, Rally, JIRA or equivalent.
- Experience in software development lifecycle, with a focus on product delivery
- Good mix of both business and technical background to be able to effectively interact/assist with different teams.
- Eye for detail, ability to spot ambiguity, inconsistency and contradictions
- Ability to deliver output under high pressure with challenging timelines
- Technical ability demonstrated through experience or education (e.g. Coding school, BS in Computer Science or other engineering.
- Salesforce Certified (Admin) or experience working with a B2B e-Commerce Platform
- 1-2 years of Experience as a Product Owner, working with Agile Delivery Teams, utilizing Agile / Scrum / Kanban.
- 2-3 years of Experience in B2B commerce within the Manufacturing, Software, or CPG vertical
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Salesforce Certified (Developer)
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
Why Work Here?
Start up feel with grown up benefits. Competitive pay, 401(k) with company matching contribution, Blue Cross and Blue Shield medical, Vision, Dental, Life and Disability. Chicago-based employees also have access to a free gym on site, equipped with lockers and showers.
Transparency. No more wondering what's going on with the business and where its headed. Through quarterly "All Hands" and monthly "OurHour" meetings, we get together to discuss all things CloudCraze: recent client go-lives, new customer wins for the quarter, education on our partners or clients, financials and more, leaving plenty of time for Q&A with our CEO and executive team.
Get involved and have fun. We all take an active part in making this a fun place to work in and outside of the office. Get involved and give back through philanthropic organizations we
volunteer with, or internal groups focused on culture, team building, and employee recognition. Sports your thing? We are active in several intramural sports teams and were kickball champs in our latest league.
Boat, bus or bike to work? We've got you covered with a FSA you can contribute pre-tax dollars, up to $255 per month, and use for transportation to work or parking fees. Bike year round, like some of our employees? We have an indoor bike storage facility and a lengthy bike rack right outside the office for keeping your wheels safe.
No more trudging out in bad weather to find lunch. We have a Fooda Popup Monday Friday, right in our lobby. And an organic fruit delivery to the office every week so there's plenty of healthy choices, literally at your fingertips.
Casual dress. Cut your dry-cleaning costs and pack your suits up. We have a casual dress code that matches our fun and focused culture.
If qualified, we will respond. No agencies or solicitations, please. At this time, CloudCraze is not sponsoring visas for employment authorization. Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.