Product Owner, Casualty
Job Description Summary
The Insurance Casualty Product Owner Manager is responsible for providing product leadership to a nine-person analytics team to build industry leading analytical products for the casualty insurance industry. These products are expected to result in high product adoption and growth, and customer satisfaction. The Insurance Casualty Product Owner Manager collaborates with a product manager on the value, time to market, and budget for new products or enhancements to existing products. The role has on hands on product owner responsibilities and provides direction to another casualty product owner that has limited experience in the casualty business domain.
You enjoy a fast pace environment where internal business clients and insurance carrier requirements must constantly be integrated, refined and prioritized. You will be challenged to work on several products at the same time. You also enjoy an environment that is not process heavy where you can have an impact on refining go to market and product development processes You also enjoy the challenge of turning healthcare and accident data into business information that allow executives thru front line associates to make decisions, take actions, pay the right amount, and improve internal efficiencies. And finally, with your skills you like to mentor your team on the casualty business challenges so industry leading casualty products can be designed. You are seeking an opportunity to expand your skills to include telematics and vehicle damage information that can predict injuries to be on the leading edge of casualty analytics. You enjoy the opportunity to demo and discuss your team’s products.
You will be joining the enterprise analytics team that has four product teams across casualty, property, and telematics. You will be reporting to the Director of Enterprise Analytics. The product teams use lean product management techniques, scrum, the latest big data and analytics software and technology, and team with product management and CCC’s casualty consulting organization on incubating new products. You will be developing analytical products with many of the leading and major insurance carriers in the US.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Understand the casualty insurance market needs to develop and validate product features and data views that will result in the target adoption and value for target personas in the claims organization.
- Design minimum viable products that gain customer beta adoption by prioritizing product EPICS and stories, creating story maps, and collaborating with customers on deciding the minimum function and value that will create initial product adoption in their organizations.
- Prioritize the product backlog and create a product roadmap to obtain the fastest adoption rate and customer value based on the product EPICs. Make trade-offs on the adoption rate, value and cost that yields the best business results.
- Create product and release plans that align to budget, and staffing levels and skills.
- Team with a UX specialist to define the UX on prototypes thru production versions of an analytics product.
- Define and collaborate with the development team on creating user stories for a sprint that creates customer value with clear acceptance criteria.
- Perform acceptance work on stories to validate that they meet your acceptance criteria. This can include data validation on new metrics and visualizations.
- Demo the product to internal stakeholders and customers to gain feedback, and determine what should be used to create additional product stories or features.
- Team with upstream source system leads to define source system data requirements and timeline to create the data needed to achieve the business value associated with the product EPICs and user stories.
- Assist in defining and developing the product deployment plan and produce high quality user documentation with a customer deployment team on product releases.
- Manage and prioritize enhancement and defect requests for the product, and ongoing investments to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction with the product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field.
- Required experience could be acquired in a single or from multiple roles:
- 2 years or more in a product owner or other related roles that required many of the skills above
- 2 years or more in a casualty insurance role or related role where healthcare data and industry knowledge was acquired
- 2 years or more in an analytics role
- Basic understanding of analytics technology from databases, dashboards, and data processing programming
- Experience as a product owner in a scrum environment
- Moderate to advanced skills in lean product management processes
- Presentation skills including the ability to Demonstrate product functionality
- Development of data transformation specifications to make the data more useful with data profiling
- Usage of a query tool that produces SQL to perform data analysis
- Usage of Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!