Product Owner, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Job Description Summary
The primary objective of Product Owner is leadership and management for the product management lifecycle that results in high product adoption and growth, customer satisfaction, and aligns to the value and budget developed between the product owner, product manager, and sales. The role provides direction to a development team on what to build and internal stakeholders on the product success criteria.
You enjoy a fast-paced environment, collaborating and building consensus, and being a customer champion to lead the organization to deliver successful product implementations. You also enjoy the challenge of turning data into business information that allow executives thru front line associates to make decisions, take actions, and create value for their customers, and improve internal efficiencies.
You will be joining the enterprise analytics team that has multiple product teams. You will be reporting the leader of product owners. The product teams have end to end capabilities including technology and quality decisions to build industry leading products. The teams use lean product management techniques, scrum, the latest big data and analytics software and technology, and team with product management and sales on incubating new products.
- Understand insurance or other market needs to develop and validate product features and data views that will result in the target adoption and value for target personas
- Design minimum viable products that gain customer beta adoption by prioritizing product EPICS and stories, and collaborating with customers on deciding the minimum function and value that will create initial product adoption in their organizations
- Prioritize the product backlog and create a product roadmap to obtain the fastest adoption rate and customer value based on the product EPICs. Make trade-offs on the adoption rate, value and cost that yields the best business results.
- Define and collaborate with the development team on creating user stories for a sprint that creates customer value and uses scrum best practices such as completion and testing criteria for sprint stories
- Team with a UX specialist to define the UX on prototypes thru production versions of an analytics product
- Demo the product to internal stakeholders and customers to gain feedback, and decide on UX stories with the UX specialist
- Team with upstream source system leads to define source system data requirements and timeline to create the data needed to achieve the business value associated with the product EPICs and user stories
- Assist in defining and developing the product deployment plan and high quality user documentation with a customer deployment team on product releases
- Manage and prioritize enhancement and defect requests for the product, and ongoing investments to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction with the product
- Moderate to expert level in lean product management methodology and skills (see web for definitions) including applicability to commercial software products (can be learned on the job)
- Identify and discuss business value propositions with customers in the property and/or casualty insurance industry to design analytics products that create high business value (can be learned on the job)
- Prioritize EPICs and User stories by collaboration with software engineers to understand the level of difficulty and cost involved in EPICs and user stories against business value
- Entry to advanced best practices in dashboarding, reporting, and analytics products
- Demonstration and presentation skills that include addressing ad hoc questions during customer meetings
- Development of light weight mock ups to initiate the product UX concepts
- Moderate to advanced skills in scrum or agile proccesses
- Development of data transformation specifications to make the data more useful with data profiling
- Planning and budgeting skills
- Creating effective agile user stories for software engineers
- Develop high level testing approaches and business user test acceptance criteria
- User acceptance testing
- Usage of a query tool that produces SQL
- Usage of Microsoft Office products including Powerpoint
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field
- 4 years + of Analytics/Business Intelligence experience in a product owner or other related roles that required many of the skills above
- Property and casualty insurance experience of 2+ years or healthcare or auto industry experience -- optional
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!