Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th
best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenge and opportunities to make impact. A commitment to professional development and support for your growth. Ability to work with a team of hard working
professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience. A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
- BizOps is the intersection of Business, Product, and Operations. This cross-functional, highly visible role will be the central hub to key stakeholders across various functions such as Technology, Marketing, Analytics, Credit, and Legal.
- Manage one of our technology work streams from requirements gathering through development, release, and monitoring. Work with other stakeholders to deliver new features and updates.
- Shape, strategize, and execute on priorities in the Product roadmap. Work closely with Technology team and lead cross-functional teams to execute on these priorities.
- Iterate and improve on current features/functionalities to maximize conversion, reduce inefficiencies, and improve customer experience.
- Conceptualize, design, test, and launch high-impact operational and tech initiatives.
- Manage key Product metrics. Perform analyses based on both structured and unstructured data and provide recommendations to key stakeholders to improve the business.
- Perform deep market research to understand competitive landscape and uncover future opportunities.
- Source and diligence innovative technology vendors that expand our Product toolkit.
- This position is a seniority level “Associate” position with uncapped growth potential within the organization.
- At least 2 years of work experience, including experience working in a Product, UI/UX, product management, product analyst, or product ownership role meeting strict deliverables and deadlines.
- Experience within the financial services industry is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated quantifiable, high-impact achievements in previous roles.
- End-to-end Product experience in requirements gathering, working with developers, use case testing, and implementing tech solutions.
- Experience with UI/UX particularly in design, wireframes, functionality, use cases, mobile vs. desktop considerations, etc.
- High degree of proficiency working with data. Familiarity with SQL, Periscope, Tableau, or other similar tools.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset with high intent on delivering impactful eventualities. Keen focus on execution.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Ability to multi-task, execute quickly, and get things done.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems and create robust, scalable solutions.
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying analytical findings with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Chicago candidates preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free gym membership.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) match program.
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Free health insurance for base plan. Highly subsidized for other tiers.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts, etc.).
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.