We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies like Lyft, Nike, REI, and IDEO use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the creation of our software products and experiences. As a Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team in the development and delivery of software tools to aide in contextual research. You will help envision, build, deploy, measure, and continually improve future generations of our products. You'll be part of transforming a set of individual mobile and web-based tools into a world class product and ecosystem. You will be bridging the gap between business and engineering (and functioning with deep expertise in both worlds). Your understanding of the business need and use case around our products will result in a better experience for both our research participants and our clients. To achieve this, you will work across departments to understand our business objectives and opportunities. You will create business requirements, communicate and prioritize them, and work with a passionate team to deliver successful solutions.
Here’s the fun part: you are a product person building products for product people...we hope this excites you!
If you’ve built exceptional customer-focused products, we want to hear from you!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative software products in an agile workflow (you won’t be coding, but you should be very comfortable in technical environments and working in codebases)
- Establish shared vision across teams and the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Oversee milestones and communicate project status, scope changes, and critical metrics to all stakeholders, including senior and executive management
- Work to properly resolve and prioritize product defects
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, and QA team members
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, HCI, similar technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably at a SaaS company
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of the technical architecture of web and mobile applications
- Experience developing consumer-facing software products, technologies, and/or platforms
- Demonstrated leadership ability, empathy, and success in an agile environment
- Plus: experience in market research, consumer insights, product design, or a similar field
- Plus: a professional background in a technical role (like a software engineer)
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening, and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful River North workspace, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play.
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.