We are looking for an energetic, experienced, lover of challenges and problem solver to join our team as a Product Manager. You will be the leader of a cross functional team and responsible for all aspects of Product Management. We are looking for individuals who can think strategically and deliver a product, not just manage a project.
We are a product company with data as our most valuable asset, requiring continuous evolution to support our fast growing business.
- Own all aspects of Product Management including: cross-functional team collaboration, prioritization, backlog grooming, sprint planning and communication with the appropriate customers.
- Create and maintain a product with epics and user stories, delivered through a series of agile ceremonies.
- Lead delivery for the product vision and strategy.
- Work directly with our engineering teams to develop products that meet the requirements, understand the constraints, and recognize the risks.
- Ability to understand a single customer’s needs, yet propose a solution that is general enough to address a larger customer base.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external customers to bring products and features to market.
- Continuously interview customers to gather market intelligence related to your product area.
- Build short-term tactical plans and strategic long-term roadmaps.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience in Product Management.
- 3+ years experience working closely with, and managing, teams of developers.
- 1+ years experience at a startup with web applications, or in data analysis and visualization.
- A thorough understanding of agile development practices. We use the Spotify Product Management model.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in conducting user testing and user acceptance testing.
- Hands on experience launching products at different stages: POC, MVP, V1 and ability to iterate.
- Team mentality to do what’s best for the product and customers.
- An understanding of how to use data to support a scientific development approach.
About Label Insight:
Label Insight is a rapidly growing VC backed startup growing in both the St. Louis and Chicago markets. We are the industry’s most powerful and innovative CPG product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry’s largest retailers and manufacturers rely on our platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. Label Insight’s partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave