McDonald's has ambitious plans to evolve the customer experience for the digital era, and the Global Digital team is at the center of this bold change.
Our team is leading the worldwide effort to develop and orchestrate digital initiatives across every facet of our interactions with customers. With the dynamic digital environment, this team is focused on innovation across the customer journey in and outside our restaurants, identifying the most meaningful opportunities for our customers, and developing capabilities like Mobile Ordering to bring them to life. We do this in partnership and teamwork with our IT organization and the Markets around the world.
We are looking to grow its digital capabilities by adding premier talent across the company and within the Global Digital team. McDonald's is deeply committed to our customer focus, and sits at an exciting juncture where we are ready to drive our brand to new heights using digital experience and engagement as essential ingredients.
This role is based in Chicago, IL at our new McDonald’s Global Headquarters in the West Loop area.
The Global Digital Product Manager for Restaurant Technology will be responsible for the strategy, prioritization, design, development, and market adoption of features and capabilities within our Point of Sale product. Through this role, the Product Manager will represent the crew and global markets by articulating, vetting, and prioritizing features within the product roadmap and will play a crucial role in developing elite products.
You will work as a member of a highly motivated team responsible for leading the complete product lifecycle to ensure success in terms of both revenue and the timely release of new products and capabilities. You will report to the Director of Product- Restaurant Technology and will collaborate closely with Channel Product Managers, Capabilities Managers, Global Market Teams, Analytics, Marketing, IT, Program Management, and Operations to ensure successful product delivery.
- Lead the definition of product requirements using input from various sources including external sources such as market trends, technology innovations, industry standards, bold intelligence, and customer research, as well as internal sources such as analytics, marketing, operations, and customer feedback.
- Thoroughly understand and anticipate crew, customer and business needs in order to develop engaging and profitable experiences.
- Define and drive priorities for engineering sprints and product releases.
- Build and execute optimization experiments to validate and optimize features.
- Craft business cases to support feature prioritization.
- Maintain organized oversight of specific digital product delivery schedules to ensure the proper balance of speed, features, timing, and integration with other functions, in tight coordination with Program Management
- You will work closely with peer product managers across all channels and capabilities to prioritize initiatives, share insights on customer demands, identify opportunities for teamwork, and coordinate product development and delivery
- Collaborate across functions (e.g. Market partners, IT, and Program Management) to ensure the timely delivery of products and elite digital experiences.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of digital business experience required, preferably in marketing, analytics, and/or technology
- 2+ years of Agile Product Management experience, preferably on customer-facing products leading agile development teams.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills; analytics mindset and skills in research and analysis
- Strong technical skills; proven ability to work with and influence engineering team
- Experience translating customer needs into digital product features, business plans, and merchandising opportunities to deliver customer experience improvements that achieve important metric Goals.
- Strong ability to speak to, as well as collaborate with, engineers, project managers, corporate leadership, and partners.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing indirect reports to achieve organizational goals
- Experience and expertise in digital project and product planning, including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and roadmap creation
- Curious, task-oriented, and a self-starter with a strong bias for action; Proven track record of “getting things done”
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for discovering consumer behavior, trends, and opportunities for innovation