Product Information Process Manager, Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 300+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,300,000 unique products.
As a Product Information Process Manager you will be joining a product content management team with a rapidly growing B2B e-commerce company. Product Information Process Managers are the Subject Matter Experts at the critical center of our new Product Information Management (PIM) platform. You will become an expert in our new PIM with oversight of workflows and business rules, user access, and hazardous material content sourcing. The Product Information Process Managers will report to the Director of Product Information Management while working closely with the Vendor Operations Team, Platform Trainer, and the Product Information Enrichment team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an expert of our new PIM platform you will be responsible for establishing, and updating, the platform product content workflows and related business rules.
- Responsible for user roles and associated access permissions within the platform.
- Provide oversight and management of our Hazardous Material content identification process, whether internal or in partnership with a third party.
- Initial focus for this role will be on configuring the new PIM, followed by process improvement and support as our content use is streamlined and evolves.
- Via dashboards, monitor and address all workflow issues to maximize speed of content to site.
- Partner with IT to trouble shoot and resolve any product content issues that arise from suppliers, customers and customer service agents.
- Lead in creating solutions that involve enhanced content relationships, attribute schemas, and product groupings while considering input from other internal enterprise business teams.
- Perform content activities such as content auditing, editing, applying updates resulting from data normalization, content support and other functions related to content issues while ensuring the quality of product information.
- Define implementation tactics, and oversee day-to-day product content program implementation activities.
- Participate on cross-functional teams and projects where appropriate to ensure content product management processes, concerns, and business issues are properly addressed and supported.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years' experience in content product management with complex systems.
- Solid understanding of Product Information Management systems and methodologies, Informatica specifically desired.
- Agile experience using JIRA desired.
- Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with third party product content management companies.
- Must possess strong project and change management skills with the ability to solve complex problems.
- Able to translate technical information to easily understood concepts, decisions, and actions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills. Interact positively with teammates and business partners; make effective presentations; handle conflict gracefully.
- This is a fast-moving team, such that assigned job responsibilities will evolve as we launch the new PIM platform and build supporting processes.
- Knowledge of SEO product content management.
- A driven self-starter with a collaborative approach.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.