Product Documentation and Communications Expert
Job Description for the Product Documentation and Communications Expert
Do you write well and understand software development? We are looking for a high-energy, detailed oriented person to author and maintain the technical guide to our software platform. What makes this a particularly exciting opportunity is that our software platform impacts thousands of people and is a key reason why we are one of the fastest growing firms in Chicago.
Core Responsibilities of the Product Documentation and Communications Expert
- Create the authoritative technical guide to our software platform for internal stakeholders
- Write pre-release notes and release notes
- Explain the technical details and business benefits of product changes to a number of internal stakeholders so that they can create training materials (such as videos)
- Create and update documentation in Confluence based on JIRA tickets
Key Competencies of the Product Documentation and Communications Expert
- Strong attention to detail
- Business acumen
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Emotional intelligence
Qualifications of the Product Documentation and Communications Expert
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written. Candidates should submit three writing samples and specify which parts he/she wrote. Examples of what we are looking for: functional requirements, product marketing materials, use cases, user guides.
- 2 plus years of professional technical writing experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Basic understanding of development life cycles and methodologies
- Language skills in Mandarin and/or Spanish are a plus
- MANDARIN: Moderately fluent speaker, reader, and writer
- SPANISH: Fluent speaker, reader, and writer
- Wiki creation using Atlassian Confluence
- API and mobile testing
- Agile process familiarity
- Relevant Adobe tools including Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full time, exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.