We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Lyft, Nike, IDEO, and REI use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a product designer who is motivated by the challenges of creating products for the most influential customers. You look at design from a user-first perspective and understand great product design is about more than just the UI. As one of dscout’s product designers, you will create carefully thought-out, beautiful concepts that speak clearly to our users and embrace our brand. All of our teammates work fluidly across our design process and in this role you'll have an emphasis on initial concepts, prototypes, and the final UI design efforts. If you want to collaborate with a small, passionate team of “people nerds” and help shape the experiences of thousands of users you're in the right place. Here’s the fun part: you are a product person building products for product people...we hope this excites you!
Please note: A significant part of the interview process for this role is reviewing a portfolio or past work samples. Please be prepared for this request. Additionally, this role is based in our Chicago HQ and is not a remote opportunity.
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Work hand-in-hand with full stack product teams to drive the look and feel of our web- and mobile-based research tools, bringing those solutions to life.
- Create assets and documentation to hand-off to engineers for development.
- Work within and help further develop Particle, our design system.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, internal users, and researchers to create the best solutions for our users.
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 4+ years of design experience.
- You think in terms of systems, make rational design decisions and can then communicate how those decisions tie back to project goals.
- You obsess about the details, polish your work and constantly ask the question, “Is this how it should be?”
- Your portfolio shows a robust process highlighting iterative and lateral thinking and includes both web and mobile design work.
- You’re a great communicator, team player, and thrive on collaboration.
- You have experience with user research, prototyping, and creating detailed documentation for development.
- Experience working with common industry software (we use Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer, CodePen, and Jira).
- Experience designing for a SaaS-based product company and an interest in research is a plus.
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play. Read more about our new office space here!
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.