At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a product designer who can help evolve our core products. You’ll work with our team to imagine the future of GovTech and improve the ways citizens interact with government.
- Product Discovery: Collaborate with product managers and engineers to frame problems and potential solutions
- Holistic User Experience (UX) Design: Advocate for the end user on all touchpoints and interactions people have with the company and product over time.
- Prototyping: Use a variety of tools to test product ideas and communicate your ideas, both internally and externally
- User Testing: Constantly refine, validate and assess the value of new features
- Interaction Design: Create and articulate conceptual models, task flows and control layouts used to manipulate those concepts.
- Visual Design: Utilize composition, typography, and color to create meaningful experiences
- 3+ years of experience working as a product designer
- You are comfortable using a variety of modern tools for prototyping, user testing and design
- You are passionate about digital products
- You appreciate and are excited to contribute to a humane, mutually respectful work environment.
- You take deep pride in your work, but can make peace with shipping something "good enough"
- You can effectively prioritize the problems you know about, and work to uncover the problems you don't know yet
- You have excellent communication skills, in writing and in person
- You understand the technical constraints of the Web, and can effectively collaborate with developers to ship your work
- You're comfortable communicating the reasoning behind your design decisions to colleagues
- You are independent and thrive in a startup and low-touch management environment