PRODUCT COMPLIANCE DIRECTOR
Lead team that is responsible for oversight and management of all rate/rule/forms and operating procedures are filed and in compliance with state laws and regulations. Maintain expert business knowledge in various phases of product development including discussing new product concepts and new company initiatives with Marketing and Pricing relating to compliance questions, problems and concerns. Oversee contract product development for all personal lines coverage introductions, amendments and enhancements. Oversee the coordination of Insurance Department interactions and responses to state legislatures’ new laws and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Collaborate with appropriate legal counsel, product management, and claims operations in the development of policy contracts
- Recommend to all appropriate company personnel proper verbiage for applications, rules and other filed forms, to comply with statutes and regulations
- Responsible for policy contract modifications
- Coordinate the implementation process of appropriate form changes
- Assure compliance with new and existing laws and regulations by researching regulations, statutes and bulletins from the state insurance department to determine which company departments and product lines are effected
- Convey findings to impacted areas and coordinate changes when required
- Confirm implementation date and determine state law time requirements
- Prepare final filing submissions in accordance with state requirements and submit to the state within time frame established in the project plan
- Analyze all filing components for consistency and accuracy
- Evaluate all outstanding issues addressed by the state on any disapproved filing
- Determine appropriate area to respond and establishes due date in project plan
- Coordinate teleconferences and/or meetings with state departments and internal areas to discuss and obtain approval as needed
- Prepare response letters for submission and include additional support data and/or form changes
- Negotiate approvals of rate, rule and form filings with state insurance departments
- Conduct research and analysis on legal issues, competitor products, market needs, and emerging issues to make recommendations for changes or additions to personal lines products
- Develop contracts, policy forms, policyholder notifications and rules as well as any supporting information for personal lines products
- Independently capture and classify product language to support rationalization for assigned lines of business
- Partner with Product Management, Claims, General Counsel Office, Underwriting, and other business stakeholders in the execution of the product rationalization and product configuration process
- Track, analyze and interpret laws and regulations relevant to property and casualty insurance for purposes of determining impact to personal lines product and oversees product life cycle to implement changes
- Interact with other key stakeholders with respect to product features and product development strategy as well as shared initiatives, shared compliance issues, and Marketing and IT support needs
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other personal lines staff and for members of other Product Management teams
- Provide both internal and external training on personal lines product content
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- J.D. (Juris Doctor) Degree from an accredited US law school
- 15+ years of Property and Casualty insurance industry experience
- Knowledge of industry-standard personal lines programs of insurance, including coverage concepts, rating procedures, and underwriting philosophies
- Expert knowledge of state regulatory statutes and laws as they pertain to Property and Casualty Insurance
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of the insurance industry, functions of other departments and the organizational relationships within the enterprise company and utilize this knowledge to improve efficiencies within the department and externally
- Demonstrate an excellent working relationship with Product Management, Operations and IT, Department of Insurance and other individuals involved in the rate and form filings
- Strong research and analytical skills in order to provide new alternatives solutions for marketing concepts
- Demonstrate expert ability to deal with issues or problems involving careful interpretation, analysis, and diagnosis to develop solution or approaches and apply accurately
- Demonstrate expert ability to interpret research opinions and apply accurately for changes in policy language.
- Project management skills required
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively organize and convey ideas, procedures and compliance issues
- Display the expert ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and coordinate effectively
- Demonstrate expert ability to handle change and interpret and apply new company initiatives in order to meet company goals
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the insurance brand and ability to exhibit the behaviors associated with it
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate ability to represent the department and contribute to the strategy of executing the company objectives with limited management guidance and based on expert experience
- High degree of initiative, mature judgement, and discretion
- Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with others along with demonstrating negotiation skills as they are critical in resolving regulatory issues
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the departments work practices and procedures and their relationship to other functions
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills in order to mentor others analysts, functions as a team leader, handle projects
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and timeliness to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced environment meeting aggressive business deadlines
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.