PRODUCT COMPLIANCE ANALYST
Responsible for product life cycle management of personal lines products and for the development of drafting policy forms and contracts, manual rules, coverage analysis, and the tracking of new and existing state statutes and regulations that my impact the personal lines portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work closely with Product Management, Claims, Underwriting and IT in the development of the product portfolio, and in the processes required to generate, file, and otherwise maintain the content of personal lines contracts
- Serve as a countrywide Subject Matter Expert (SME) pertaining to personal lines forms, rules, filing procedures, coverage issues and regulatory compliance
- Conduct research and analysis on legal issues, competitor products, market needs, and emerging issues to make recommendations for changes or additions to personal lines products
- Develop contracts, policy forms, policyholder notifications and rules as well as any supporting information for personal lines products
- Independently capture and classify product language to support rationalization for assigned lines of business
- Partner with Product Management, Claims, General Counsel Office, Underwriting, and other business stakeholders in the execution of the product rationalization and product configuration process
- Track, analyze and interpret laws and regulations relevant to property and casualty insurance for purposes of determining impact to personal lines product
- Oversee product life cycle to implement changes
- Interact with other key stakeholders with respect to product features and product development strategy as well as shared initiatives, shared compliance issues, and Marketing and IT support needs
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other personal lines staff and for members of other Product Management teams
- Provide both internal and external training on personal lines product content
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Knowledge of industry-standard personal lines programs of insurance, including coverage concepts, rating procedures, and underwriting philosophies
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of Property and Casualty industry experience
- Juris Doctor
- CPCU designation
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.