Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst / Product Analyst to help super-charge our product team at Clearcover. We need talented analysts who are infinitely curious about data and uses that passion to find insights that no one else can see. Can you take a high level question and turn it into actionable insights? Then we need you to help our Product Management team make data driven UX and Roadmap decisions that delight our customers.
To be successful in this role you will need to have amazing SQL skills, experience creating visualization of complex data sets, and have demonstrated ability to be a self starter who thrives on having an understanding of a reporting need and won’t stop until you’ve analyzed every last angle.
We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and the hardest thing you’ll do. Still interested? Here’s what you need to know:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ad hoc analysis and reports on user behavior, ecommerce, financial, operations, and other data sources.
- Develop reporting on results of A/B and multivariate tests.
- Become a SME in all things data
- Analyze existing and new datasets from internal and external sources to provide useful and productive insight to Product Managers
- Build insightful data visualizations and dashboards using our BI platform
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities:
- 4-6 years direct experience in data discovery, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience interacting and collaborating with developers, product managers / owners and data engineers.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational database structures, ideally PostgreSQL.
- Ability to explore and query large data sets
- Familiarity with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, Periscope, or similar products.
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, and either Python or R would be ideal.
- Experience in Data Science / working on Data Science backed products is a huge plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, manage competing priorities, and be an independent problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to facilitate discussions
- High levels of energy, integrity and curiosity
- A bias for action and willingness to be accountable for your actions
- Must possess current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you were a Product Analyst @Clearcover for the past month, you would have:
- Started your day with some cold brew from our Limitless tap
- Met with product managers to help understand what questions they needed solving this week and gotten to work on answering those questions
- Built comprehensive data sets and reports to help solve user and business problems
- Taught other employees some advanced SQL they never knew before
- Strategized with product, UX, and design on future UX tests.
- Built relationships with other extremely high performing individuals
- Built an awesome visualization that was shared company wide
- Advocated for using data to improve the quality of our decision making.
- Asked for help and received guidance and support
- Thrived on the sense of accountability and start-up culture of getting things done
- Enjoyed a beer from our smart fridge while sharing Friday Wins with the entire organization to share, learn about and reflect upon everything we accomplished during the week.
In addition to an awesome work culture and great flexibility, we offer competitive pay, equity, benefits and ping pong matches.
Clearcover, a Chicago-based company, provides high-quality car insurance at lower prices than traditional insurance carriers by applying advanced technology, refraining from expensive advertising and passing along the cost savings to customers. Clearcover has been featured in Forbes, Inc. and Venturebeat, for our innovative approach to changing the car insurance experience.
Read Full Job Description