Mobile Security Analyst
Come join NowSecure on our mission to save the world from unsafe mobile Apps!
As a cyber security innovator, we are #1 in Mobile Application Security Testing (MAST). We literally wrote the book on mobile app forensics and testing. We craft the industry’s most advanced appsec technology and deliver expert appsec services so our customers can protect their own business, their employees and their customers from risky and insecure mobile apps. Our customers include the world’s largest banks, government agencies, and top brands that run on mobile. We are a dynamic team of advanced security researchers, software engineers, services experts, sales professionals, marketing gurus and financial managers that are looking for inspired, entrepreneurial and hard driving new team members to join us on our mission!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Security Analyst to join the Services team at NowSecure. Do you get curious about the security of all things mobile? Are you the tenacious sort who will stay up late at night researching the latest in mobile exploits or finding new ways to break into apps? Are you motivated by providing direct customer feedback through client meetings?
This role will be based in the Chicago Metro area. This position will report to the VP of Services.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Understand the specific security details related to mobile apps, devices and operating systems
- Be familiar with industry standards as they relate to mobile, such as OWASP, CWE’s, and CVSS.
- Utilize hacking and pen testing techniques to target mobile apps and Web services, and test their security
- Examine transmitted and stored data for personally identifiable information (PII) and/or mobile application artifacts
- Present specific intelligence on the data risk profile of applications when in actual use
- Communicate about security with both end users and technical audiences
- Identify key strategies for remediation of vulnerabilities
- Create technically sound and actionable reports for customers
- Consult with developers to help them remediate vulnerabilities
- Continuously monitor the state of the mobile security industry with an eye towards innovation
- Work with our R&D team to assure continuous upgrades to existing offerings and the development of new cutting edge mobile security solutions
- Work in an agile and expedited project structure
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 3+ years IT security experience
- Experience with Linux, command line, configuration and scripting
- Must demonstrate a strong fundamental understanding of security.
- Experience with reverse engineering mobile apps a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Applicable Certifications include: CISSP, OSCP, CHFI, CEH, GPEN, GWAPT
- Strong communication skills and a high level of professionalism
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Last but not least: a sense of humor, positive “can-do” attitude, and fun to work with
DO YOU WANT TO LOVE WHERE YOU WORK?
- Amazing Tech: NowSecure delivers the most advanced mobile app security technology on the planet designed by the world’s most advanced security researchers and top engineering talent.
- Top Customers: The world’s ‘choosiest’ and most skilled security teams depend on NowSecure for our expert products and services.
- Great Team: Smart, driven people powered by craftsmanship, leadership and teamwork at the core.
- Get Things Done: At NowSecure, we move fast and with purpose to ensure our customers are always protected on mobile.
- Benefits: In addition to competitive compensation, full-time employees can participate in our health insurance plans, retirement, and more.