Investment Product Manager, Multi-Asset Strategies
The Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. Morningstar® Managed PortfoliosSM, our complete wealth management platform, offers a broad lineup of strategies built with stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs to help meet an investor’s needs at each stage of their lifetime.
We use our expertise in asset allocation, investment selection and portfolio construction to create valuation-driven investment strategies leveraging the full resources of Morningstar. The group specializes in multi-asset investing, using building blocks in equities, fixed income and alternative investments to construct robust portfolios. Through Morningstar Managed Portfolios, we serve financial advisers and institutions, and the investors that they serve.
This role, reporting to the Global Head of Product Management, leads investment product management for our multi-asset managed portfolio strategies including risk-based and outcome-based strategies. As product manager, you will lead the development of new product enhancements/features, and work with Investments, Operations, Technology, Compliance, Marketing, Sales, and Account Management to execute the strategy. The ideal candidate will understand the market demand and requirements, the competitive landscape and revenue impact/opportunities, serve as a subject matter expert on our multi-asset strategies both internally and externally, and will continuously find ways to enhance the products by working cross-functionally with the various stakeholders and support teams.
- Own the development, lifecycle management including enhancements, extension and rationalization of our multi-asset managed portfolio product lines
- Develop committee proposals for new investment products as well as for enhancements, extension and rationalization of existing products
- Lead investment product development and cross-functional launch efforts by following our product launch playbook
- Develop investment product positioning content as well as working with internal parties to ensure representation of the multi-asset managed portfolio strategies is accurate and compelling.
- Answer product inquiries, assist in crafting and creating investment product messaging and positioning using deep analytical and competitive intelligence
- Identify resources and collect information to research and analyze all aspects of competitor products, peer performance and competitive industry landscape, and then use that intelligence to support messaging.
- Proactively identify product innovation and existing product positioning opportunities based on industry trends, current market environment and competitive advantages to meet customer needs
- Perform analysis on key performance indicators (KPIs) and measurements of product success (product revenue, product profitability, customer satisfaction, quality, cost implications, forecasts, etc.) to inform product design
- Minimum 7-10 years investment product development/management experience with deep understanding of all aspects of product development, positioning and implementation within a financial services environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpreting and applying market and analytical research required
- Highly effective communicator with excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to articulate complex investment topics
- Knowledge of advisor channels, primarily independent RIAs and Broker/Dealers; experience working with the financial advisor community and/or managed account platforms a plus
- Proven track record of leading large, cross-functional projects or initiatives
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including demonstrated experience with research, data gathering and ability to think strategically
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a proven ability to collaborate with diverse, multi-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred, CFA designation a plus
- Full-time position based in Chicago, IL; minimal travel including international locations is possible
Please include a cover letter with your resume and application.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity provider.
002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity