HR Talent Product Manager
HR Talent Product Manager
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up for the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is looking for a HR Talent Product Manager within the Product Strategy and Operations team who will be responsible for the strategic and operational aspects of the HRIS/People product portfolio. This individual will be the point of contact for defining and managing the product strategy on how to deliver an amazing HR experience; this includes the product line for Cornerstone, ADP, and Yello. The Product Manager will sit within WMP’s Shared Services practice.
The Product Manager must have a passion for using technology to improve the HR experience. We are looking for a hands-on product owner and that is a visionary product manager with strong attention to detail and a track record of managing solutions from concept through production and post implementation.
* Develop the HRIS strategy and roadmap
* Collaborate closely with end users and technology teams to ensure the best possible end-user experience,
* Ensuring a consistent integration and user experience between different elements of the workplace,
* Influencing the IT and application architecture, ensuring solutions bring benefits to the end users,
* Ensuring solutions are prepared for operational deployment (especially robustness, reliability and scalability),
* Accountable for the entire product lifecycle, from planning through development, launch, and retirement phases.
* Mentorship in the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps and responsibility for communication and alignment of roadmaps at a senior level
* Responsible for all planning, budgeting, priorities and timelines, and governance for HRIS activities.
* Work with other functional groups within West Monroe Partners to develop the strategies and guidelines for HRIS feature implementation to meet the current and future needs of the business.
* Be the lead advocate for the entire suite of HRIS products, and promote its capabilities to provide business solutions throughout West Monroe Partners
* Provide regular communications company-wide on upcoming HRIS products, changes and usage tips
* Provide expert guidance to management, ensuring the HRIS product strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy
* Facilitate communications and interactions between functional groups, team members, strategic partners and vendors.
* Develop and drive product strategy based on business objectives, competitive landscape, and resource constraints.
* Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop this strategy into an achievable roadmap.
* Work cross-functionally to drive the prioritization and delivery processes and the strategic communications around the roadmaps.
* Cross firm collaboration to define the go-to-live strategy, prioritize activities, and ensure product positioning properly reflects the features and benefits of the solution to the target customers
* Lead through process excellence and demonstrate effective project management skills for complex projects as well as anticipate likely risks and implement mitigation plans
* Create and Manage the backlog, often working through competing priorities
* Manage and facilitate and create business requirements / user stories, organize and facilitate prototype reviews and UAT, and support training delivery
* Set clear goals and envision / execute on the system roadmaps
* Work with IT / vendors to estimate, implement, and build the right features / enhancements / break fixes & thoughtful, end-to-end solutions are a must
* Provide traditional Product Marketing and Product Development support to build awareness and understanding through different mediums such as metrics-based decision making using google analytics and tool reporting
* Work with the leadership team to proactively suggest, define, launch, and drive organizational and operational initiatives.
* Develop and execute executive level communications and messaging (including weekly operational reports, issue analysis reports, and strategic presentations) to educate and influence key stakeholders
* Run operational cadence for the HR leadership team, including weekly and monthly operational meetings, bi-annual strategic planning event off-sites and ad hoc reporting and presentations.
* A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great cross team collaboration
* A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on
* Desire to learn - Learning and improving your craft is important for all of us, if you're constantly learning you're in a better position to create awesome new applications for our employees
* Extremely strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
* A track record of successful project delivery and extensive (6+ years) product management experience, ideally in a corporate environment
* Experience working with SaaS HRIS products and services
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies,
* Overall knowledge of HR practices, Learning Management and Talent Management.
* Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, finance, or similar, MBA a plus
* Consulting background preferred
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.